SHOMAN MMA drawings

Time to step it up.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2115297/Paul-Cadden-The-hyperrealist-artist-recreating-photographs-pencil.html

That is an amazing talent.

But when you are perfectly copying a photograph that already exists.. it kinda leaves the question of "why...?"

Evan uses his talent to create different compositions... I'll need to look up some more of this guys work because it's really good, but all I've seen him do is do something that takes over a month in pencil, that I can do in photoshop in 30 seconds.... maybe I'm missing the point.

I kind of agree UGCTT. But in the world of art, you have to find a niche. I guess there's something to be said about someone who can emulate reality perfectly. It seems to be working for him at least.

DallasVanWinkle - I kind of agree UGCTT. But in the world of art, you have to find a niche. I guess there's something to be said about someone who can emulate reality perfectly. It seems to be working for him at least.

Yah I'm not trying to put the guy down at all. I'm just thinking if I have an awesome black and white photograph, what would possess me to pay $5000 for someone to recreate it perfectly to the point I can't tell either one apart. If he was taking more artistic liberties with what he was doing I get it, but a perfect recreation is lost on me.

It is an absolutely amazing abiliity to have and wish I had it.. but it's just like I was saying, I think Evan Shoman puts the same abiility to use a lot better. And I know you weren't actually calling out Shoman, I'm just moreso posting my thoughts on the matter and using him as an example because you mentioned him.

Would you pay someone a million dollars to build a one-hundred thousand dollar house, just because they planed all the wood by hand instead of buying lumber at the store? Now, if each peice of visible lumber had unique carvings or artistic work done to it, then sure. But a perfect recreation of a normal house...?

Anyway.. major props to the guys talent and ability.

I think Evan would give that guy a run... both given a photo to recreate, it would be damn close.

UGCTT_EnderTL -  That is an amazing talent.

But when you are perfectly copying a photograph that already exists.. it kinda leaves the question of "why...?"

Shoman has mentioned this before - a lot of the 'art community/industry' dont really respect what shoman and that guy do - I think its an amazing talent/skill

Fat Guys Food - 
UGCTT_EnderTL -  That is an amazing talent.

Shoman has mentioned this before - a lot of the 'art community/industry' dont really respect what shoman and that guy do - I think its an amazing talent/skill

I like how you cut out the rest of my quote and paraphrased it like that's not what I said... lol

Call me a Philistine but I agree with EnderTL. Impressive (I could never do it) but kind of lost on me. Phone Post