Should Askren help Ngannou make a music video in hopes UFC will take him back?

Hunter put this video together with Askren for the 8th annual MMA Awards and then down the line Askren got the UFC deal.

Does Ngannou need to make a music video begging the UFC to take him back? Gonna need a good song to parody though.

A quick search of take me back songs yielded this song from The Weekend… maybe if this song takes off it would make a good parody for the next MMA awards if nothing else.

Askren never got a fair shake in the UFC

I don’t know, he fought three other old declining vets its just his hip was already gone by the time he got to the UFC. I enjoyed Askren’s career and his three UFC fights. The Maia fight is underrated. I think his destruction of Aoki in under a minute is under appreciated as well. Obviously if he got to the UFC 6-8 years sooner he would have had time to build a good career there.

That’s the unfair shake I’m talking about

1 Like

Oh, ok, I thought you meant the opponents he got but yeah I’m with ya now.

1 Like

Yeah he got blackballed for too long

Askren always had massive holes in his game that would have been exposed in the UFC at any point of his career. You cant be that one dimensional at welterweight in the UFC.

Word is Askren reached out to Francis and offered his skills for video work and that Francis asked if he had union membership on the crew and if there was profit sharing and board membership for camera men and crew. Askren told him to learn to fucking wrestle.