Should nog retire?

philipee32 - Yeah, always said he was overated. If he didn't have that iron chin early on he would not have won half his matches. Jeff monson could probably sub him too

nog's willpower and heart were always greater than his chin. admittedly, nog's chin helped him persevere in several of the fights that cemented his legacy but its his heart and abilities that gave him all those wins on his record. contrary to popular belief nog didnt get his ass kicked in all of his fights. leben, hunt and other guys with great chins haven't had the same fortitude as nog. as a result they arent the legend that he is.

The guillotine and that deep half, Maybe he'd just become too predictable? Phone Post 3.0

I thought be won the 1st against Werdum. He was winning, in my opinion. Phone Post

It's funny how you lose a competitive fight to a top 5 HW, and everyone says you should retire...MMA definitely has the silliest fans of any sport.

philipee32 - Yeah, always said he was overated. If he didn't have that iron chin early on he would not have won half his matches. Jeff monson could probably sub him too

notsureifserious.gif

Perhaps they should use him in Brazil but he is one of those guys you don't like seeing getting messed up that said he looked fine to night. Phone Post

He's the same to me as Wand, BJ, Shogun. I hate seeing them lose more than anything but still believe in them.... All of those guys r legends. I'm happy to have them as my favorites for ever win or lose. Phone Post 3.0

ManWithTheIronFists - He'd probably get lit up at this point of his career by most of the other top 10 HWs. He has no knees anymore and his balance is horrible. I don't to see him get hurt anymore.

I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure his hips are his problem. Phone Post

philipee32 - Yeah, always said he was overated. If he didn't have that iron chin early on he would not have won half his matches. Jeff monson could probably sub him too

You cant be this dumb? Well....I suppose you could be. Let me get this straight, Nog without his chin (which is part of who he is) wouldnt have won half of his matches? Former number 1, and long time number 2 heavyweight was OVERRATED?

absolutesperry - He's the same to me as Wand, BJ, Shogun. I hate seeing them lose more than anything but still believe in them.... All of those guys r legends. I'm happy to have them as my favorites for ever win or lose. Phone Post 3.0

They still have their moments where they come out on top, that's the thing about being the former top guy, you can still pull off a nice win and crush these new guys here and there, despite inconsistencies later in their career.