Should nog retire?

I felt extremely sad watching him in there, I have been a fan of his since his glory days in pride, but tonight he looked so slow. Should he hang them up? I know it's up to a fighter to decide that but, tonight he just didn't seem okay. Phone Post 3.0

He was winning tonight and vs mir until he made tactical mistakes that cost him the fight, it was not his age, speed or chin that cost him. He shouldn't have gone for the guillotine and ended up on his back, against a guy like Werdum who is so dangerous from the top. Plus he had the Mir fight won if he punched him a couple more times. If Werdum got on top of cain, or jds it would be the same outcome Phone Post

No Phone Post

Not unless he really wants to.

No Phone Post

DEZBOT - 

He was winning tonight and vs mir until he made tactical mistakes that cost him the fight, it was not his age, speed or chin that cost him. He shouldn't have gone for the guillotine and ended up on his back, against a guy like Werdum who is so dangerous from the top. Plus he had the Mir fight won if he punched him a couple more times. If Werdum got on top of cain, or jds it would be the same outcome Phone Post

He was not "winning tonight," but he looked good enough to continue fighting in the future.

DEZBOT - 

I agree he gave the mir 2 and tonight's fights away (although it's arguable that the mir fight could have been stopped), but he did look very slow again, like the mir 1 and cain fights.

That's enough. Phone Post

Ip Man 81 -
IP -
DEZBOT -  He was winning tonight and vs mir until he made tactical mistakes that cost him the fight, it was not his age, speed or chin that cost him. He shouldn't have gone for the guillotine and ended up on his back, against a guy like Werdum who is so dangerous from the top. Plus he had the Mir fight won if he punched him a couple more times. If Werdum got on top of cain, or jds it would be the same outcome Phone Post

He was not "winning tonight," but he looked good enough to continue fighting in the future.
This Phone Post 3.0

That's arguable, his forward pressure his dominance in the clinch, head position, I'd say his winnin the fight, the point is he didnt lose because of his age Phone Post

He's competitive against some top 10 guys, but he can't beat top 5 guys. He's a gatekeeper if he wants to keep fighting. Physically, I'd say he could continue to fight if he wants to.

Nope he could have won tonight but made a bad decision. Phone Post

TheMarceMan -  No Phone Post

Nog was kicking the ass of one top 10 HW, and doing just fine against another top 10 HW, until he dropped for the same stupid guillotine twice.

Nog doesn't need to retire - Nog needs to retire the guillotine.

Nog is a legitimately a threat to the majority of the division and a favourite over many. I don't want to see him take more punishment but if he is given sensible matchups I'd love to watch him fight more. He can beat a lot of guys... Which is amazing considering he has been fighting for almost 15 years now.

Ip Man 81 -
DEZBOT -
Ip Man 81 -
IP -
DEZBOT -  He was winning tonight and vs mir until he made tactical mistakes that cost him the fight, it was not his age, speed or chin that cost him. He shouldn't have gone for the guillotine and ended up on his back, against a guy like Werdum who is so dangerous from the top. Plus he had the Mir fight won if he punched him a couple more times. If Werdum got on top of cain, or jds it would be the same outcome Phone Post

This Phone Post 3.0

That's arguable, his forward pressure his dominance in the clinch, head position, I'd say his winnin the fight, the point is he didnt lose because of his age Phone Post

Pride Nog would not have been submitted tonight. At least I highly doubt it.

I would say its a combination of Werdum's improvements and Nog aging. He for sure isn't as quick and responsive on the ground as he use to be, which I would say is do to age. I love Nog, my favorite heavyweight but he was at no point winning this fight tonight, although at one point I felt like he would end up KOing Werdum. Phone Post 3.0

Like Chael said, the last half of the 1st was all nog, his game plan was being executed perfectly, werdums striking wasn't existant backing up Phone Post

DaemonDragon - Nog was kicking the ass of one top 10 HW, and doing just fine against another top 10 HW, until he dropped for the same stupid guillotine twice.

Nog doesn't need to retire - Nog needs to retire the guillotine.

Agreed Phone Post

Yes. I feel like he is at that point where any punishment is going to affect his long term Health. Phone Post 3.0

It's up to him, but if he wants another fight make it a better stylistic match-up - Werdum is like a younger, fresher version of Nog. Struve would be very interesting.

Attila - It's up to him, but if he wants another fight make it a better stylistic match-up - Werdum is like a younger, fresher version of Nog. Struve would be very interesting.

signed!

yes..... love me some Nog though

=(