Should Shogun drop to 185?

I think he should really consider it. Seems like the top 205 contenders are just too big for Shogun to compete with these days. Shogun is a warrior and he'll fight anybody, but let's be realistic now. I think dropping to 185 would atleast have him work harder on his cardio. He'd be a beast at that weight and would have a good chance at competing for a title again. Phone Post

size is not the main issue imo.

Also, consider that Shogun was always a LHW as a youngster. If he can make MW, it would be harder as an older guy now. And how do we know he can even make 185?

If he could (I would assume he can, Karlos Vemola is a middleweight) I think it would be one of many wise career moves that he could make. Phone Post

Shogun is one the bigger LHWs.

Look at that joker's legs!!

Where did you get the impression that he was under sized? He would kill himself dropping down to 185.

He can make it I think. Just would probably need to take a lot of time off to make the cut down. He's still young despite popular belief but its clear the wars he has been through have taken their toll. Once deadly in the clinch, Ive not even seen him MT plum anyone in a very long time. He doesn't kick almost at all probably because of his bad knees. It sucks to watch him lately because he has a ton of heart but doesn't come through.

There would be some great fights for him at 170 too!

Agree with the fact that it would be a tough cut, especially at his age. Phone Post

His agility/athletic ability / lateral forward backward movement isn't what it was after his knees have been hacked, so that makes a big difference to everything he was good at. Plus taking away soccer kicks is so Fkn crap for Shogun and Wand. They are the ones most affected by the Pride downfall. Phone Post

i love how the UG always knows when so and so fighter can make so and so weight. Its not gonna happen.

I just got an email from Cyborg's Dr. Shogun CAN'T cut to 185.

Wasa-B - size is not the main issue imo.

Also, consider that Shogun was always a LHW as a youngster. If he can make MW, it would be harder as an older guy now. And how do we know he can even make 185?

I'm sure he can I'm not sure he wants to. He never seemed like a hxc diet guy / cardio person Phone Post

Shogun said never (185)

/ thread

caseharts - 

I'm sure he can I'm not sure he wants to. He never seemed like a hxc diet guy / cardio person Phone Post

same thing as always.

Im sure he can physically get his weight to 185. Whether that would be a good idea is another thing.

Wasa-B -
caseharts - 

same thing as always.

Im sure he can physically get his weight to 185. Whether that would be a good idea is another thing.

It probably is worth a try he as well as machida are small at lhw with guys like jones and Gustafsson in the mix. Phone Post

caseharts - 
Wasa-B -
caseharts - 

same thing as always.

It probably is worth a try he as well as machida are small at lhw with guys like jones and Gustafsson in the mix. Phone Post

You know Shogun walk around is about 230 right? He said this before he said never 185.

Lazer MMA -
caseharts - 
Wasa-B -
caseharts - 

same thing as always.

You know Shogun walk around is about 230 right? He said this before he said never 185.

Chris weidman says he gets that high to. I think Chris is actually bigger than shogun. Phone Post

He's bigger than Wanderlei and he struggles to make 185.

He's a small LHW no doubt, but he's in that awkward area where he would struggle to make the lower weight class.

And he likes to eat.

slamming - He's bigger than Wanderlei and he struggles to make 185.

He's a small LHW no doubt, but he's in that awkward area where he would struggle to make the lower weight class.

And he likes to eat.

I know but he's smaller than weidman and weidman does it. He can do it. It's just he's famous enough now I don't think he cares Phone Post