should women's champs get same respect as men's?

should women’s champions get the same respect as men’s champions???

the problem is that these women think they are just as much as a champion as a guy in a men’s division

but the reality is that they are not,

and it has nothing to do with sexism, just with facts

mainly the limited talent pool…

these girls call themselves world champions

in mma weight classes which have like 20 pros in the whole world

world and maybe 20-30 amateurs

and because of this situation many of these competing women

only have a few years of martial arts training(not just mma, but martial arts training period)

but yet their “world champion’s” like Joanna or anyone else wants the

same respect as a champion as someone who has just beaten yoel romero lol…

even in boxing where the female talent pool is quite bigger

the situation is not all that different, EVERY COMPLETIVE

female boxer i trained with has been an “elite fighter”

one of the reasons is that there may be the same 4-5 girls

meeting each other in the amateurs national championships every year…

so even if your not all that good, you will medal in the nationals

while a guy your level wont make it out of a city tournament…

(and half of these girls wont even turn, so the talent pool gets even smaller)

so its a kind of a joke when girls say, they fight so hard etc

but dont get the respect men’s fighters get…

like lets be honest a guy with heather hardy’s boxing skills

will lose half his fights…

the same or even worse could be said about most female mma fighters

No. But they should definitely be respected. They're tough athletes. But men are more battle-tested, have tougher competition, and have harder fights. All these statements are generalizations, obviously. But they are generally true.

Women fighters are bad asses. But if you put a gun to my head and made me choose, men should get more respect because they're fights are tougher. 

dont sjw overthink it. This is basically the same thinking that gets you to 'biology is just a social construct' or as I like to think of it,  'completely ignorant of reality.' 

its the same as tennis, golf, cycling, basketball.... men are stronger, faster, more athletic, more competitive. This means the spectacle that brings viewers is more.... spectacular.... when its men. 

people will bitch and whine and moan inequality and try to victim shame everyone else into agreeing, but the reality is there are two genders, they have different atttributes, and when it comes to sport and fighting the men do it better, so its more fun to watch, its at a higher level, there are much more men competing and the level is much higher.

these days i just skip through the womens fights. They're always almost a 3 round decision that is yawn. Some are worth watching, sure, but those are the exceptions. 

One thing after watching the big PUBG tournament, and the overwatch league... they're ALL males competing. Why aren't women making the cut, these are just computer games after all... men are just more competitive and driven when it comes to this type of thing. It's not good or bad, its just REALITY.

It really depends on how hot she is. 

BrowBeaten - 

No. But they should definitely be respected. They're tough athletes. But men are more battle-tested, have tougher competition, and have harder fights. All these statements are generalizations, obviously. But they are generally true.

Women fighters are bad asses. But if you put a gun to my head and made me choose, men should get more respect because they're fights are tougher. 

agreed

and of course they are bad asses

and to another poster, i am not even comparing the attributes of men vs women and how different they are when it comes to sports

just the fact that a champion among 20 people

should not tell everyone that this is equal to being

a champion among 500 people

Nope. It’s never been that way in men’s sports, don’t see why women should be any different.

RVD in 3.. . 2... .

No.  Much shallower pool of talent.  

I respect them.

I respected Ronda, I respected Miesha Tate, I love watching Cat fight, Schvchenko is an absolute joy to watch, and Megumi Fiiji is one of my favorite fighters of all time.

Is Nunes going to beat up Dillashaw anytime soon? No, of course not. However, I don’t really compare them to the men. I enjoy their skill set and heart, as much as I do the men.

Women’s basketball can be boring to watch sometimes, but women’s fighting is rarely a snoozer.

The initial surge of popularity did burn about half a dozen names into my memory:

Rhonda (of course)

Miesha

PVZ

Cyborg

Kat Z.

Kauffman

Thug rose

Johnna

Ok, those are the only ones I know without looking on the internets.

With that being said, women’s MMA has a place, I’m just way more interested in following who the baddest men on earth will be at heavy and light heavy. Same goes for heavyweight boxing.

It does get silly at times when you hear statements like when Rhonda could supposedly beat Cain under the right circumstances, then gets bopped by Holly and current champ from Brazil. Or whenever Rogan says that women’s fights are more exciting.

I didn’t even watch the Aldo fight this weekend, then saw the body punch highlight and regret not watching!

Lastly, I know of several local female mma fighters. The women above definitely are inspiring women to go for it.

It's up to the individual to establish respect