Showtime Boxing Discussion Thread

Now that WSOF is done, let's watch this Gonzalez vs Russell JR fight together bros! Let's get it! Phone Post 3.0

I took Gonzalez in this matchup. Ever since the Mares KO I can't go against this guy. Russell will try his best to backpedal in this fight. If they exchange, I think Jhonny is going to knock him around. Phone Post 3.0

Let's go Gonzalez! Phone Post 3.0

I'm picking Gonzalez. he is the underdog even though he is the champ and has defended the belt since beating Mares

So lonely in here I can hear my echo..lol! Where you guys at? The fights about to start. Check in guys. Grab a beer and some popcorn and pick a side. Russell is the more talented guy. Jhonny is the mexican. We all know how Mexicans fight. Should be a good fight! Phone Post 3.0

RoPerez -

I'm picking Gonzalez. he is the underdog even though he is the champ and has defended the belt since beating Mares

Yep. Let's go! Phone Post 3.0

He's got power. if he can cut Russell off and work the body I can see him winning this.

Gametime! There will be blood..bang bang. Ding ding! And we are under way! Phone Post 3.0

Gonzalez has very underrated boxing skill to go with his power. Russell Jr. is obviously very fast, but great timing beats speed. Russell Jr. got completely schooled by Lomachenko, but I think Lomachenko is just that good. This fight will show how good Russell Jr. really is.

Damn Russell coming out speedy af. Speed kills. Phone Post 3.0

Russell 1-0. More activity, most shots landing on the gloves, but Gonzalez didn't do anything in round 1. Russell looking fast. Phone Post 3.0

Waking up round 2.. Gonzalez cracked him Phone Post 3.0

Russell 2-0...Jhonny starting to wake up. Phone Post 3.0

dang it!

OH wow!

Jhonny down in the 3rd at the end of the round. Russell 3-0. 3rd round a 10-8. Phone Post 3.0

Wow, gotta give RUssell Jr. credit, he's doing well and sitting down on his punches.

That was huge, Russell has a big early lead now.

Holy shit Johnny is done!!!!

Jhonny is out of there. Can't stand. On rubbery legs. It's all over. Phone Post 3.0