Showtime President Stephen Espinoza Slams Rogan

https://www.mmanews.com/news/showtime-president-stephen-espinoza-slams-joe-rogan-mike-perry-thrilla-in-manila

1 Like

1 Like

Twitter is having a field day with Joe Rogan’s recent blunder while talking with Mike Perry on The Joe Rogan Experience.

Rogan had Perry on as a guest for one of the most recent episodes of his podcast. The two spoke about Perry’s surge to stardom in bare-knuckle boxing, as well as other topics about Perry’s career and future.

Things took a turn for the weird when Perry referred to the ‘Thrilla In Manila’, the infamous boxing trilogy between Muhammad Ali and Joe Frazier, as taking place in Africa. Manila is the capital city of the Philippines.
Wild World of Fighting: Literal Human Cockfighting, Marvin Vettori’s Day Job, & More

DEREK HALL

Rogan failed to correct Perry and appeared to agree with the statement. Twitter caught wind of the blunder and mocked Rogan on social media.

Stephen Espinoza Questions Joe Rogan’s ‘Medical Advice’

In a recent tweet, Espinoza reacted to one of Rogan’s recent flubs.
“Agrees that Manila is in Africa and people still take medical advice from him,” Espinoza tweeted.

Rogan was at the center of controversy for refusing to get one of the COVID-19 vaccines during the global pandemic. He also proposed alternative treatments to Coronavirus, including Ivermectin, which have been dismissed by some doctors.

Rogan is the top podcaster in the world and has been a longtime member of UFC broadcasts. He made his UFC broadcasting debut at UFC 12 in Dothan, Alabama.
Rogan’s career accomplishments are unquestionable, although this recent blunder has put him in somewhat of an unfavorable light for those like Espinoza and others.

1 Like

1 Like

Why is this the only podcast the media pays attention to?

5 Likes

Joe rogan would beat the fuck outta Stephen Espinoza so who cares

10 Likes

Yes obviously Manila is Philippines, but it is easy to mix up rumble in the jungle and the thrilla in Manila, people do it all the time

29 Likes

So dumb. What a trivial mix up. We all know what they ment. The whiny jab-junkies are just looking for any reason to discredit Rogan.

17 Likes

Why do you find it so hard to not be so fuckin ignorant?

3 Likes

It seemed like nobody hated Rogan until he got that bag from spotify. Envy is a motherfucker.

4 Likes

Who are you?

2 Likes

Because it is quite literally the #1 podcast in the world. The clown from showtime should really shut his trap as it has zero to do with guests Joe has on his show.

3 Likes

Ok. Whats the number 2? I’ve never seen any media article about another podcast. Just the comedian who gets blazed and talks to people. Why is that?

You a little slow? Joe is currently the most polarizing figure in media because he has such a wide variety of discussion on his show. No other podcast provides that with his reach.

You’re going to have to excuse yulaw as he’s a stupid fuck who doesn’t mind his own business. Also quite the follower (stalker).

2 Likes

I think he was just trying not to derail what perry was saying. Who cares.

Plus isnt that the little weasel who turned off Conors mic? Fuck him

4 Likes

1 Like

Rogan has admitted himself thats hes an idiot. he gets super high and talks to people. Hes not going to be right or even make sense sometimes.

3 Likes

People aren’t taking medical advice from Joe. They MAY take medical advice from his guests, who are frequently experts in their field. Do people think he sometimes has no guest and just considered himself the expert? It’s funny how, when talking about how awful it is to host someone like RFK Jr, they gloss over the fact that he’s had Peter Hotez on twice. Free market of ideas.

Not to mention, anyone that pretends to not know they simply confused the TIM with the RITJ is being disingenuous.

This guy runs a premium movie channel that is only purchased by people who forgot to cancel it, should I be taking geography advice from him simply because he’s right? Yes.

That said, should I take my medical advice from someone being paid by the industry selling the drugs or from someone who did so well with covid that CNN had to make his picture green to downplay it? Joe says all kinds of shit that’s incorrect. So does everyone who talks for a living. So does every politician and every medical expert who went on the major news networks for 3 years. Normal adults can hear advice and decide if they trust the messenger. We don’t need the elite class to decide, in their bestowed wisdom, what we can and can’t hear or see.

3 Likes

I could give you about 100 million reasons why