Silva a true BJJ black belt?

For a second their I thought someone said that Nog was a brown belt and certainly no Royce Gracie. Nog is not just a black belt, but one of the best black belts in the world, and no offense to Royce, but Nog would kill him.

Silva has very good Vale Tudo Jits. He relies on it to save his ass when he can't trade or gets rocked and it works well for him. Giving up 70 pounds to a former K1 Grand Champ who's been trainning takedown and sub defense effectivly I think he showed alot of skill. I though he should have definatly got the nod for the amount of heart and gameness he showed under a ton of adversity. Carlos Gracie Jr. The same guy who gave Renzo, the Machado's, Marcio Feiotosa, and countless other bjj legends their foundations in bjj and in many cases their blackbelts gave Vanderli the BB so I wouldn't question it. He probably knows a little bit more about what a blackbelt is than the average mma.tv bluebelt.

Zeke is right - he got the arm in an omaplata position but finished with a wrist lock.

Instead of looking into all of the reasons for Vanderlei not submitting Hunt, I'd rather look at how great his ground game looked against Rampage as proof that Silva is no bum on the ground!!!

silva has great bjj. arona has subbed like 2 people ever. hunt is the hardest body type to sub: no neck, short thick strong limbs

you want to choke or heel hook hunt, nothing else.

Yes. And Nogueira is a brown belt in jiu-jitsu the last time I heard.

LMAO!! Again, MAF exposes his stupidity with every post! And LOL at thinking Royce has half the BJJ game that Rodrigo has.

"Everyone has a plan, until they get hit"

Mike Tyson