silva = jkd...

If you have ever wondered what JKD would look like in a sport manner such as MMA (ufc), watch Anderson. That was perfection tonight. Moving around on the toes inflictin pain and not taking any, is the smartest fight you can have.

Anyone who can fight for 25 minutes in a cage with another amazing athlete and NOT get a single scratch, is pretty fuking amazing.

Anyone who thinks that was boring or booed the fight, i really question your knowledge of the fight game. You may like the knock out or a more brawl type fight, but to hurt someone and not take any punishment is ABSOLUTE domination.

you will get to watch this type of fight again very soon when Machida puts a clinic on Rashad.

Amen brother!

The JKD I was first exposed to involved too much kickboxing and sparring, and too much exchanging. That kind of mentality is not something you want to bring to the streets.

The JKD you're talking about is more in line with PFS JKD flavor, where the emphasis is not about exchanging, it is more like destructions on the interception and terminating the fight when the opponent can't fight back.

silva is a pimp. the game is to hit and not get hit and he is the king

ReneH - The JKD I was first exposed to involved too much kickboxing and sparring, and too much exchanging. That kind of mentality is not something you want to bring to the streets.

The JKD you're talking about is more in line with PFS JKD flavor, where the emphasis is not about exchanging, it is more like destructions on the interception and terminating the fight when the opponent can't fight back.

i am talking a more PFS jkd. anderson intercepts well and understands range and timing as well as anyone. Destructions, eye slaps, groin kicks, headbutts are the only thing missing. so this truly is a sport version of JKD.

The way he delt with the takedown using lockdown and then getting full guard and then standing was a thing of beauty.