Silva Most Exciting Champ in UFC?

I really dont think Franklin wants to be rushed back into a rematch with the Spider. He will have the benefit of the fight being in his home town but I expect the result to be the same.

That fight was close.

sounds like just about everyone thinks silva is the most exciting champ in the UFC...how do you guys think he would do against rampage? would his striking be enough or is that just too much weight to give up?

"Lindland won the Rampage fight"

LMAO!!!

"sounds like just about everyone thinks silva is the most exciting champ in the UFC...how do you guys think he would do against rampage? would his striking be enough or is that just too much weight to give up? "

Too much of a weight difference

"Lindland did win against Rampage. I was there, got free tickets. The crowd was booinng hella loud after the decision was announced. "

Neither you being there nor the crowd booing proves that Lindland won.

GSP would be a top contender...if he hadn't lost. He never had a boring fight, and was most always a class act. And the dude can break dance and flip! I always thought that was cool. haha Anderson Silva is awesome though. I liked it when he was talking after the fight and broke out some English. Hard to understand, very broken, but still he is learning.

I remember that video clip of him at the UFC in Columbus, OH, when they asked him who he thought would win the Couture/Silva fight. He said, "Randy". When the camera didn't move, he said "Randy" again, and then kept repeating it. lol He's a class act, respectable, and does anyone else think he looks like a professor with his glasses on? My friends were at an autograph session there during that UFC and got pictures of him with his glasses, and he does look like a teacher.

"In addition to that, Id also like to see Nakamura drop to 185lbs. He would easily be top 3, if not champ. Hes already got wins over Busta, Igor. He outstruck Shogun and outwrestled Randleman, do you see any UFC MW pulling that? LOL"

Yep. Nakamura could easily cut to 185 or even 170. He would be defacto champ at 185 IMO. He has done so much at LHW and his loss against Shogun was very impressive. Shogun was afraid to stand with him, that speaks volumes.

Yes, most exciting champion.

Whether Filho or Lindland would beat him is debatable and remains to be seen. One thing we can all agree on though is that, if they were to win, they wouldn't be nearly as exciting as champions.

Most exciting champ and one of the most well-rounded fighters. One of the few who can really stop a quality opp in any situation. standing, in the clinch, on the ground, even from his back.

"Who's considered true competition in MW?"

I wouldn't say he has never faced true comp, seeing as how Marquardt is very very legit and he blew through him.

However Anderson won't be number 1 till he fights and beats Paulo Filho.

Anderson has defeated some quality fighters......Nate, Horn, Lutter, Franklin, Rivera, Mach, Newton, and Stout to name a few

Currently in the UFC his top competition is Dan Henderson. That's if dan decides to fight at 185lb also.

Definitely the most exciting champ in the UFC. Granted hes only fought 4 x in the UFC, but hes finished those 4 fights in a total of less than 5 full rounds.

Destroyed Leben, adjusted Franklins face, left elbow imprints on powders head, and made Nate think he's not so great.

I agree that the are guys who could pose a problem, Kang, Filho, Lindland, etc. but I wouldnt put it past Anderson to find a way to win vs. any of those guys.
I mean all it takes is 1 standup or 1 reversal and hes gonna capatalize on it.

he is by far most exciting champl

LOL! Besides his last 2 fights, he was still exiting (after this thread was created)

I found evilyoshida's analysis of Nakamura way funnier then the whole Silva thing!

Exciting?... not really, he reduces everyone he fights to the fetal position. It's like a grown man fighting a baby. Exciting is when two fighters are of similar skill, and you don't know who is going to win.

"Most technical fighter" I'll give you that one. But he really doesn't leave himself out there enough to make the fight interesting.

^This is a lesson to always check the dates of posts before posting yourself... ::hangs head in shame::

Name Georges St. Pierre
Nick Name Rush
Record 18 - 2 - 0 (Win - Loss - Draw)
Wins 8 (T)KOs ( 44.44 %)
4 Submissions ( 22.22 %)
5 Decisions ( 27.78 %)
1 Other ( 5.56 %)

Win B.J. Penn TKO (Corner Stoppage) UFC 94 - St. Pierre vs. Penn 2 1/31/2009 4 5:00

Win Jon Fitch Decision (Unanimous) UFC 87 - Seek and Destroy 8/9/2008 5 5:00

Win Matt Serra TKO (Knees to the Body) UFC 83 - Serra vs. St. Pierre II 4/19/2008 2 4:45

Win Matt Hughes Verbal Submission (Armbar) UFC 79 - Nemesis 12/29/2007 2 4:54