Silva would beat any UFC Heavy

Arlovski would not Destroy Silva.

that is stupid

Arlovski is yet to be really tested as a HVWT

"228? Name a single Couture fight when he weighs that."

227 against Ricco (who weighed 243). For some reason I don't have the "tale of the tape" of the Barnett fight, but during the fight they do mention that Barnett (typically 245 minimum) has a 17lb weight advantage, which would mean Randy weighed at least 228.

Arlovski would knock Silvas head off.

Silva is a machine. He can deal with Arlovski's power and take him down if he needed. Tough fight but I would pick Silva.

"Silva could not beat Andrei Arlovski or Frank Mir, and just picture what would happen if he were to fight Tim Sylvia. Ricco Rodriguez would GnP him, possibly even submit him. Eilers is too big and would win as well."

Tim Sylvia is hugely overrated - have you seen any of his fights other than his 3 UFC wins and instant loss to Mir? He has zero ground skills. Sylvia-Silva would look like Varelins-Ruas. Ricco G&Ping Vanderlei is hilarious. He'd never get it to the ground and Silva would bust him up on the feet worse than Rizzo did. Eilers beating Vanderlei Silva???!! This wacked out claim is too silly to even comment upon. The only guy that has a chance here is Arlovski. And at best I'd give Andrei even money.

Let's dumb this down a bit for the neophytes. Silva has won his last 17 fights in dominating fashion and since Cro-Cop couldn't touch him on the feet, nor could Yoshida or Sak (best sub fighter ever) submit him, he's not going to get beat by a guy like Eilers.

Bringing up that ancient Belfort fight as data to assess Vanderlei is utterly unfounded. Its like saying "Tim Sylvia would beat Vandy because Vandy cuts so easily - just look at his loss to Adriane Murano". Kind of reminds me of football analysts saying stuff like "The Cowboys have never beat the Jets on Monday night so they're an underdog tonight" - when there's not a single player or coach left on either team from the last time they met.

Bottom line: Not all old data is relevant today.

Arlovski would not KO Silva. Silva is a very dangerous man now. The intensity of each of his fights keep growing. He is very well rounded, and he hits like a mule.

Give me A break...Thos statement is the reason why nobody posted...Its Bullshit...

Most of the UFC heavyweights would beat Vanderlei Silva, and Sylvia and Arlovski would destroy him. Vanderlei's suspect chin combined with a size and strength disadvantage would get him KO'd quick.

CroCop had to worry about takedowns, Sylvia and Arlovski would only be concentrating on crushing Vanderlei's head.

"From what hear right out of Brazil Silva has the ground game of a blue belt."

That is not what I hear. I hear the guy has a very solid aggressive sub game but hates being on his back so does not use it.

Silva would be in danger of being held down by a few of the UFC heavyweights and who knows what would happen with Mir. I think Mir would be a hard matchup only because Silva seems to take risks and Mir is great at catching people. Arlovski would get KO'd standing IMHO. Arlovski is not a better striker then CroCop.

Sylvia sucks!! Big hype... he beat Rodriguez with a lucky punch. Rodriguez didn't even look like he wanted to fight. Those shots were terrible, he deserved to get KO'ed. He beat Gan Mcgee, who blows, and Cabbage.

Those are top HVWTS? Silva can bulk up to almost 230lbs easy. He has more tools then all the UFC HVWTs combined. He's in great condition. Leg kicks to knees, wearing them down. It would be a war. Vanderlie is not getting killed by anyone. Who ever has to fight him is in for a war.

HarlanEllison is 100% correct...

Arlovski is nowhere near a striker as Vanderlie (kicks, knees, punches) or Mirko.

he looked like a great striker against lesser opponents, but he has not been tested against really good guys. His one true test against a good striker, he got knocked the fuck out bad, and that was against Rizzo.

it would be a tough fight for him.

I hear Vanderlei can leap tall builds.

I heard that too

Sorry, but Justin Eilers would f#ck Silva up IMO. So would Arlovski. Size and power does matter, especially in the kind of standup fight that would occur w/ Silva vs any of these 2.

How would Eilers do against Crocop?

In a real MMA fight (not the K-1/MMA hybrid match) ?? Not sure. Right now Cro Cop could win brutally, but I could see Eilers getting better in a few years and handing Cro Cop a vicous loss via KO. Let's see how he develops.

I think Eilers needs some more experience before he went toe to toe with Crocop. Who knows though, he hits like a ton of bricks.

If Frank Mir works on his conditioning, I would put money on Mir.

Other than the pounding he took against Freeman, you can't really say that Mir has a suspect chin. And you certainly can't say that Freeman doesn't pack a punch.

Would Mir get hit? Yeah. But he's not going to stand there and eat 1-2-3 combos. He'd get hit going for the clinch, and he'd take Silva down. And he can keep him there. And he is relentless with his subs.

If Mir bull rushes at the bell and watches his chin before Silva can get off, I think he would take him down, and likely finish him.