Since Dominic Cruz Last Defended His Title...

His last title challenger - Demerious Johnson, has dropped down to a new weight division that didn't exist at the time, fought his way through a tournament (that included a rematch due to a scoring error) to become champion, and has defended his title 3 times.

On the same card that Cruz fought Johnson, 170lber Anthony Johnson knocked out Charlie Brenneman with a headkick. Since then, he lost to middleweight Vitor Belfort and has beaten former UFC heavyweight champ Andrei Arlovski at Heavyweight. Welterweight to Heavyweight...that's like...a lot of weight.

Henan Barao has fought 5 times and defended his interim belt twice.

The UFC and Spike TV have become bitter rivals. TUF is now on Fox Sports 1. The UFC is now on FOX.

There have been 7 seasons of TUF, including a live season of TUF, 2 seasons in Brazil, a UK vs Australia season that didn't air in the US, and a mixed-gender TUF coached by 2 women. TUF is no longer on Spike TV.

We have gone from Dana White saying "You will never see women in the octagon", to a full blown 135 pound women's division.

Not only is there a 135 pound women's division, but women have headlined a UFC card - some chick named Ronda Rousey is pretty famous.

Speaking of female MMA fighters, Gina Carano starred in a Steven Soderbergh movie, was in Fast and Furious 6, and banged Superman.

Ubereem dropped out of the Strikeforce HW Tournament, retired Brock Lesnar in the UFC, then got popped for steroids and is on a 2 fight losing streak.

Alternate Daniel Cormier came out of nowhere to win the stacked Strikeforce heavyweight tournament. No one really seemed to care.

The UFC bought Strikeforce.

Main events that are non-title fights can be 5 rounders as well. Thank god too, or Hendo vs. Shogun wouldn't have been the same.

Given enough time, all great reigns come to an end. No one thought it would ever happen, but it finally did - "Let me bang bro" surpassed "We're just doing...this" as the gayest moment in televised combat sports. A true passing of the torch.

Also, Anderson Silva lost to some kid named Chris Weidman, who's biggest win when Cruz last fought was Alessio Sakara.

Brock Lesnar has been retired for nearly 2 years. No more Brocktober.

Both BJ Penn and Nick Diaz have retired, then come back to lose, and retire again (in Diaz's case).

Then perennial #2 welterweight John Fitch has gotten knocked out, gone broke Fitch and won FOTN, gotten Fitch'd, then gotten choked out cold - in something called "World Series of Fighting".

"World Series of Fighting" is a thing.

Ben Henderson captured the UFC Lightweight title, defended it 3 times, then lost it to Anthony Pettis - who was still coming off his lost to Guida the last time Cruz fought.

GSP came back from a career threatening knee injury to defend his belt twice, and is set to defend it again in under a month.

Cain Velasquez lost the title to Junior Dos Santos, who defended the belt before losing it back to Cain, who defended it. They're about to complete their trilogy next week.

Not trying to make a point here about whether Cruz should be stripped or not, but just thought it was interesting to think about. If you guys can think of any good ones, feel free to post 'em.

Damn. That puts it into perspective, honestly. Phone Post

Allen Hood - That's just way to much to read. How about then maple leafs. On a roll. Phone Post 3.0

The last time Cruz fought, this guy had 3691 fewer posts on the UG.

The Voyager space probes have traveled 621,600,000 miles since Cruz last fought.

Yeah that's crazy. Cruz def needs to be put on notice. Phone Post

VTFD Phone Post 3.0

Voted up

I personally think his footwork is over done. A ploy to drag the fight on or stall, just my opinion though. Phone Post 3.0

Captain Kook - The Voyager space probes have traveled 621,600,000 miles since Cruz last fought.
Love it! Vtfu Phone Post 3.0

The UFC cancelled their first event. UFC 151: Jones vs Henderson. Henderson then lost two in a row

Jon jones surpassed Tito Ortiz' record for most consecutive light heavyweight title defences

3 seasons of TUF happened, the biggest thing to happen was a kid named Uriah hall who sent all of his opponents in the house to hospital. He's now lost 2 in a row in the UFC.

Gsp is fighting what may be his last fight next month.

Jose Aldo may move up to 155 for the first super fight in years against UFC lightweight champion Anthony pettis.

Bellator middleweight champion left bellator for greener grass in the UFC, with an Anderson silva money contract, he's 1-2 in the UFC. He fights next week.
His last two opponents have also been cut by the UFC.

For the first time in a few years a fighter was cut from the UFC on a win due to unsportsmanlike conduct (Rousimar Palhares)

Chael sonnen fought Anderson silva again and lost, he then went right from that fight to coach TUF against none other than Jon jones. He lost to jones.

A guy named Eddie Alvarez signed with the UFC only to be brought into a huge legal battle. He resigned with bellator in a two fight contract.

Tito Ortiz retired. Then came out of retirement to fight for bellator.

Ortiz and rampage Jackson will now fight in the main event of bellators first PPV in a few weeks.
Both fighters are on a three fight losing streak.

That's all I can think of. Phone Post 3.0

flowwiththego - Voted up

I personally think his footwork is over done. A ploy to drag the fight on or stall, just my opinion though. Phone Post 3.0

I kind of wonder whether that type of movement is a contributing factor to his knee issue.

Rambo John J -

How could you still be "Champ" if you have not fought in two years during the prime of your life.

UFC =Ultimate Fucking Clusterfuck.

Get some order in the rankings and Title Shots.

Shit is ridiculous.

My ass hair even turned gray. Phone Post

The Mighty Mouse facts put a lot of perspective. Cool post. Phone Post 3.0

Strykr619 - Barao should be the legit champ, Dominic Cruz is starting to look like the the UFC's Derrick Rose.

This.

Gotta love how the only people that want Cruz to keep the title regardless of anything are his fans

Renan has been in more championship fights in the UFC than Cruz. Cruz defended against Faber and MM. Renan fought Faber for the title and defended against Mayday and Wineland. Renan also finished the fight in both title defenses. Phone Post 3.0

:( I miss him Phone Post

Il Duce - Renan has been in more championship fights in the UFC than Cruz. Cruz defended against Faber and MM. Renan fought Faber for the title and defended against Mayday and Wineland. Renan also finished the fight in both title defenses. Phone Post 3.0

That's a pretty good one. To me it feels like Cruz was champ a lot longer, but that's because of the WEC (RIP).