Slick Choke Renan Borges @ Boston Open Finals

Check out this slick choke that BTT's Renan Borges put on Sinistro in the finals at Boston Open. Had to watch it like 5 times.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20WtiOEbOuk Phone Post 3.0

loop choke

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYGUeQ0C3LE

went over this one last night with ryron.

havent ever had someone try to take my back while in it. crazy vid thanks for posting. now i know just hang on to my grips

the choking arm protects against rnc i guess bow and arrow is there for the guy on back but you better hit it fast and painfully.

. Phone Post

So nice, had to be posted twice. Phone Post 3.0

From experience (I went out too), that choke goes on slooow. Phone Post

Awesome. But I cringe at that ninja stance and the complete lack of any meaningful stand up techniques by both competitors. Phone Post 3.0

that was a great match! i train under renan at wai kru south shore. he teaches the gi and no gi classes there. he claims via facebook it was not the "loop" choke they are showing on gracie mag. i can ask him tommorrow when i see him what in fact he used and the set up. Assuming u guys are interested?

For sure, ask him please. Also tell him Tom from BTT Long Beach says "hi". Phone Post 3.0

MDKSDMF - that was a great match! i train under renan at wai kru south shore. he teaches the gi and no gi classes there. he claims via facebook it was not the "loop" choke they are showing on gracie mag. i can ask him tommorrow when i see him what in fact he used and the set up. Assuming u guys are interested?

Yeah man!

ok will do, ill find out tomorow evening

Stubbsy - 

From experience (I went out too), that choke goes on slooow. Phone Post

doesnt hurt unless it is cranked hard your lapel is in your throat instead of wrist bone.

so simple to stop,head up ,no loop

12 - so simple to stop,head up ,no loop

thats the beauty of it though. so many guys (myself included) drive forward to pass with their heads down. loop choke forces them to either drive in with less commitment, or switch to a different technique.

MDKSDMF - ok will do, ill find out tomorow evening
Well? Phone Post 3.0

up

I don't train, can someone explain this choke ? Or atleast the setup ? I can see taking the back is what screwed him but I can't make out anything else. Phone Post

One our guys landed the same choke on Aug 10, 2013 at a local tournament.

ddk - 
12 - so simple to stop,head up ,no loop

thats the beauty of it though. so many guys (myself included) drive forward to pass with their heads down. loop choke forces them to either drive in with less commitment, or switch to a different technique.

well said

UGCTT_Fillthy -

Set up is a little different, ends in the same place.

Thanks ! Phone Post