Snorting Coker

Bellator president Scott Coker explained why the promotion’s 145lbs champion AJ McKee is the No. 1 pound-for-pound fighter in MMA right now.

McKee recently finished Patricio Pitbull in the main event of Bellator 263 to become the promotion’s new 145lbs champion, as well as the winner of the $1 million dollar grand prize for winning the Bellator World Featherweight Grand Prix. Just 26 years old, McKee is now a perfect 18-0 in MMA. it’s the longest undefeated streak for a fighter in a major MMA promotion, and as far as McKee’s boss Coker goes, it proves that he’s among the best.

“I do (think he’s the best in the world). I mean, who’s going to beat him? Who’s going to beat this kid? I mean, he’s that good. When I first saw him fight years ago, I saw something in this kid. I saw potential in him. He had a little swagger, the gift of gab – he had that ‘it’ factor, and he’s developed into a big star. The way he fought ‘Pitbull,’ it’s very rare you see such a dominant performance in such a big fight like that. It was his night,” Coker said

I Know , I Snow , Great Title

1 Like

TTT

1 Like

How is it wrong?

3 Likes

Just off the top I came name 5 longer streaks starting with Khabib.

In the same promotion? I think that’s what Scott means.

Anderson is #2, with 16 wins.

I think Vovchanchyn has the record at 31?

Just checked and Vovchanchyn has 33.

Consecutive wins all with the same major MMA promotion?

No,but Scott doesn’t specify same promotion.He says a major promotion which actually messes me up because I can name longer streaks.

2 Likes

throw him to Dan Hooker, then we’ll see what’s what.

2 Likes

I think time is going to prove Coker right. AJ is damn good and a very special talent.

1 Like

You snow better than that

Huh? Hooker is too slow and gets hit waaaay too much. Aj would tee off on him.

huh? it’s a foregone conclusion in your mind. Wow.