So, About 300 - Dana

1 Like

Are our minds still going to be blown Dana?

5 Likes

Dana White has been trying to work through UFC 300’s long-awaited main event announcement, but it’s been much tougher to finalize than the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) CEO ever imagined.
Fight fans have been anxiously awaiting the promotion’s reveal for UFC 300’s headlining act and for good reason. It’s the biggest, most-talked about card in a long time and everyone wants to know who will be showcased atop the marquee. The current UFC 300 lineup is pretty solid to say the least, but it’s not necessarily going to blow the roof off the T-Mobile Arena on April 13 in Las Vegas, Nevada.
While most are hoping for a Conor McGregor vs. Michael Chandler or Dricus du Plessis vs. Israel Adesanya main event, UFC still doesn’t know what they are doing. On Friday, White provided a very bleak update for fight fans:
“We’re working on that right now,” said White (via @adamglyn). “Obviously, people are dying to find out. It’s been an interesting time trying to make the main event for this thing. We’re still working on it.”
White was also asked about UFC 300’s main event following the Power Slap 6 event on Friday night and had the following to say (we’re thinking the UFC CEO was confusing the main event with the co-main event):
“Co-main event and another one,” said White when asked how many fights are left to book for UFC 300. “I’d announce it now if I had it. We’ve gone through a lot of crazy shit trying to put this fight together. It’s been interesting. No date.”
As of now, fight fans will remain in the dark when it comes to UFC 300’s main event. There is a chance the promotion is holding off on announcing a matchup until UFC 298’s pay-per-view (PPV) broadcast next week in Anaheim, Calif., but at this rate it seems like something would have leaked if it was finalized.

Were Working on It , Blah , Blah ,

2 Likes

TBD has been looking great lately, definitely the favorite to win

10 Likes

https://www.si.com/fannation/mma/ufc/ufc-300-dana-white-remains-coy-on-main-event-still-working-on-it

Izzy vs. DDP or Pereira is my guess. They’re the ones I can see jumping in on 8 weeks notice.

Or it’s always been Conor and they’re revealing during the SB.

2 Likes

I’m good at playing pretend AND being right. There’s no fucking way they don’t already have the fight booked. This is going to be a great card, great fights, way too much money at stake (and 300 actually affects the next 3 or 4 cards). They just aren’t announcing it yet because, and this forum proves, we are THE MOST wishy washy, chemically imbalanced group of “customers” ever assembled. The main fight could be Christ vs Satan and there would be an immediate boycott. Absolutely not worth announcing it yet……….faggots :heart:

2 Likes

RTNC

Whoever he is targeting has all the leverage…they could really bend over Dana

2 Likes

I don’t buy for one second that they have or have had something big planned. They obviously felt like they would be able to come up with some great main event and everything has fell through. It really didn’t help that they booked so many good fights on 298 and 299. Volk and Topuria would be a great main event for 300 and if they want to build SOM as a big star having him and Vera headline 300 would have made some sense too.

2 Likes

Dana White claims to be working on two more big fights for UFC 300 this April, but that “everything could change” at the drop of a dime.

The UFC CEO has navigated through “twists and turns” to try and book a main event for UFC 300. White claims to be working on something special to headline the biggest card of the year, but the promotion has yet to announce anything just about two months out from UFC 300.

During a recent appearance on the Full Send Podcast, White revealed that he’s working through some wild stuff to try to book UFC 300’s main event. According to the UFC CEO, things have been so chaotic behind the scenes that a documentary could be made about it. He’s working on something special, but everything could change tomorrow.
“There are so many twists and turns, and crazy f—king sh-t going on behind the scenes of UFC 300. It’s f—king unbelievable.

“Everything that everybody thinks about UFC 300 right now, literally could all change tomorrow. It’s f—king crazy what’s going on right now.

“We have one more slot to fill mid-level, and then we have the main event. I know what I’m trying to do [for the main event], but what I’m trying to do and what’s gonna happen could end up being two completely different things. Unless I completely f—king change everything.”
“It’s fascinating,” White later added. “There could actually be a documentary right now being shot of behind the scenes to build UFC 300. That’s all I’m going to say.”

With Jon Jones officially off the table for UFC 300 there’s a good chance the promotion revisits the potential return of former UFC double champion Conor McGregor. The Irish superstar claims to be ready to return and is already booked to fight Michael Chandler sometime later this year. It makes perfect sense, but if the promotion was able to bring McGregor back to headline UFC 300 why would they not have booked it already?
Hopefully, fight fans get an answer soon as anticipation builds to find out who will headline one of the biggest cards in UFC history.

On Friday, UFC CEO, Dana White, acknowledged that the promotion is still trying to work through a variety of hurdles to get a fight done. White did not mention any specific names, but if Jones was asked to step in just a few days ago then the promotion really doesn’t have a plan in place. That’s because Jones has been sidelined with a torn pectoral muscle since late last year and was expected to be out until the second half of 2024.

Jones — who caught some flack this week for practicing with a professional rugby team when he should be rehabbing — revealed that UFC reached out to him earlier this week and asked him to headline UFC 300. It seems like the perfect event for Jones to defend his UFC Heavyweight title for the first time, but “Bones” had to pass given the short turnaround.

https://twitter.com/mma_orbit/status/1756357091952910679?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1756357091952910679|twgr^c9fbcb05ca788b7014305f68d3ad318aa1b5f082|twcon^s1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.mmamania.com%2F2024%2F2%2F10%2F24068670%2Ftroll-job-conor-mcgregor-teases-ufc-300-fight-announcement-for-super-bowl-lviii