So dumb for Tony to cut weight twice in 1 month

Played a big role in what happened last night, combined with Justin fighting great.

2 Likes

Good point...not exactly the best plan

Yeah it was pretty stupid.

beyond idiotic

In his defense, it didn't look as though he would be fighting 3 weeks later when he cut his weight the first time. Also, his cut isn't as sever as most guys, the guy's made up of bones and balls. With all that said though, I have zero doubt it played a roll, but not convinced it was enough to make a difference in the outcome. Gaethje's a monster.

He's mentally ill and not very smart to begin with so... 

1 Like
ScreenName22 -

Not smart, but Tony is Tony. I still love him for it.

Still not sure why nobody ever takes Justin down. Ever.

Maybe because they’re not capable of it

Justin fought brilliantly and Tony did not. I think not having a crowd there helped Justin as he tends to go all in when he senses the kill. He never did that and instead fought a smart fight.

SecondBase - Justin fought brilliantly and Tony did not. I think not having a crowd there helped Justin as he tends to go all in when he senses the kill. He never did that and instead fought a smart fight.

Good point.  You may be on to something with no-crowd Gaethje

If the 2nd round was 30 seconds longer Tony probably would’ve knocked out Gaethje. That being said, I don’t think the extra weight cut hurt him as bad as people make it out to be. Tony is not playing with a full deck and Justin beat him up pretty bad. That’s it. I’m curious to see where Tony goes from here. 

Could be also age related. Tony is 36, right?

1 Like

Did Tony seem gassed to you? Bogus argument

I had never seen Justin fight this smart. It was shocking almost. BTW he did say before the fight he’d use his footwork to prevent Tony from crowding him and it worked. But not even him could be sure before the bout happened. Gaethje gives great interviews.