So I am playing replaying EA MMA (not EA UFC)...

Holy shit! This is still an awesome game. The roster has gotten WAY better with age. Every division I click on I'm surprised by some of the names I see.

-Luke Rockhold
-Dan Henderson
-Fedor
-Couture
-Nick Diaz
-Robbie Lawer
-Bas Rutten
-Frank Shamrock
-Cung Le
-Melvin Manhoef
-Mayhem Miller
-Bobby Lashely
-Gilbert Melendez
-Eddie Alvarez
-King Mo
-Gegard Moussasi
-Arvolvski
-Werdum
-Brett Rodgers
-Pat Militech
-Bob Sapp

Just to name a some. A lot of other cool fighters Im not naming because I forget or havent clicked on some of the other divisions

I really like the simplistic yet FUN controls of the game. Playing as Nick Diaz beating the shit out of Joe RIggs now

I recommend a cheap used purchase of this game if you can. Sadly, the online has been discontinued with this. :( You could also download created fighters

GOAT mma videogame. Phone Post 3.0

More fighters I noticed
-Josh Thomson
-Overeem
-KEN Shamrock
-Josh Barnett
-Kevin Randleman

Its a lot of fun. You can pick from so many different areas and cages shapes or a ring.
Jimmy Lennon jr announcing Mayhem vs Nick Diaz is GOAT

I stopped playing the game when it went offline. Used to love how there were online cards and you got to watch the other fights in anticipation of your own.

I got to fight on one of the Live Broadcasts and had Frank Trigg commentate my fight.  Was pretty fucking cool.  Only shitty part was you do a "pre match" to test connections and shit, and I KO'd the guy I was facing who was one of the top EA MMA guys at the time, and I had him rocked badly a couple of times in our Live fight, but he ended up catching me, my character was striking heavy so I didn't want to fuck with him on the ground and it probably cost me letting him stand back up.

It always felt more like a simulation that required a lot of getting used to compared to the pick up and play arcade style spinning back fist superman punch spamming of Undisputed. Phone Post 3.0

Pretty cool video

https://youtu.be/7GMNCVYA6aI Phone Post 3.0

brahmabull81 - Its by far my favorite MMA game because you can Bang Ludwig 7 sec KO guys.

You can take little half steps back and play the Chuck counter game in EA MMA and get lots of backpeddling one punch right straight/check hook KOs with heavy handed strikers like Fedor and Brett Rogers. Its like the only game you can do that and it not be by some random chance. By having perfect timing in this game you can get LOTS of spectacular once punch KOs. Its the only game where its realistic in that sense.

Fuckin LOVE this game. Best roster of any MMA game too. But my favorite MMA game is still Pride 2003, as shallow as it is nowadays.
That Pride game was epic Phone Post 3.0

Oh yea, and Mauro Ranallos commentary is GOLD. Perfect use for a video game

punchdrunkMMA - I stopped playing the game when it went offline. Used to love how there were online cards and you got to watch the other fights in anticipation of your own.
I would love that feature. Phone Post 3.0

Meh. All the relevant names you posted are on EA UFC. Better graphics, more complex striking and grappling and a bunch of people to play online. Phone Post 3.0

Jack Furious -
cheyguy - yeah i feel striking is much better with the joystick but the grappling still sucks. Grappling sucks in every MMA game.

but the punches flowed, and the damage system was perfect. Were all these characters on the original roster or are the downloaded online? I must have just played career mode
Damage system was not perfect. Most of it was landing flurries. Land 5 punches in a row? Knockdown! Every time! Phone Post 3.0

IronWill - Meh. All the relevant names you posted are on EA UFC. Better graphics, more complex striking and grappling and a bunch of people to play online. Phone Post 3.0

How is the striking "more complex"? This game is full of ridiculous flashy kicks (which will land flush and barely even do anything to your opponent) that are abused online and ridiculously over the top WWE slams, not to mention the input lag for strikes...

EA UFC is trash. Full of loading screens, input lag, have to be friends with person to do 5 rounds, shitty grappling, easier to WWE slam someone than it is to shoot, Over the top kicks (even for fighters who've never thrown them),No online fight cards, no downloadable creatable fighters, horrendous AI... The list goes on.

brahmabull81 - Its by far my favorite MMA game because you can Bang Ludwig 7 sec KO guys.

You can take little half steps back and play the Chuck counter game in EA MMA and get lots of backpeddling one punch right straight/check hook KOs with heavy handed strikers like Fedor and Brett Rogers. Its like the only game you can do that and it not be by some random chance. By having perfect timing in this game you can get LOTS of spectacular once punch KOs. Its the only game where its realistic in that sense.

Fuckin LOVE this game. Best roster of any MMA game too. But my favorite MMA game is still Pride 2003, as shallow as it is nowadays.
Lennox Lewis in fight night has the best back peddling straight right in the game.in the first 30 seconds of the fight with perfect extension and power modifier... you can crumple ppl 8/10 times.

Fight night> ea mma> ufc 3> ufc 2009> ufc 2010 Phone Post 3.0

Harold_Howard -
IronWill - Meh. All the relevant names you posted are on EA UFC. Better graphics, more complex striking and grappling and a bunch of people to play online. Phone Post 3.0

How is the striking "more complex"? This game is full of ridiculous flashy kicks (which will land flush and barely even do anything to your opponent) that are abused online and ridiculously over the top WWE slams, not to mention the input lag for strikes...

EA UFC is trash. Full of loading screens, input lag, have to be friends with person to do 5 rounds, shitty grappling, easier to WWE slam someone than it is to shoot, Over the top kicks (even for fighters who've never thrown them),No online fight cards, no downloadable creatable fighters, horrendous AI... The list goes on.
Be honest how long have you played it for and when was the last time you played it?

There have been a ton of content updates and the game definitely has its flaws but overall it is a much more complete MMA game. Phone Post 3.0

IronWill - 
Harold_Howard -

Be honest how long have you played it for and when was the last time you played it?

There have been a ton of content updates and the game definitely has its flaws but overall it is a much more complete MMA game. Phone Post 3.0

Played it a few days ago because I was craving some MMA gaming. Played online and won a few, lost 1. It was just flat out boring. It still had all the flaws I mentioned. Yeah, they added fighters but that's about it.

I played ufc 3 again for the first time in years and was surprised at how responsive and how much greater the stamina system was (simulation mode). Pride mode is also a huge bonus.
I still enjoyed EA MMA more though.

EA MMA > UFC 3 > EA UFC > UFC 09 > UFC 10

punchdrunkMMA - I stopped playing the game when it went offline. Used to love how there were online cards and you got to watch the other fights in anticipation of your own.
That's pretty neat Phone Post 3.0

Yeah, you could create a card with a couple of friends and each of you would fight someone different in a format akin to an actual event.

I like EA UFC for the most part. There are flaws and moves people can exploit, but that was true of EA MMA too (as it is of most fighting games). However, I've been part of some absolute classics online, so I can't hate that much.