So if Cowboy finishes his next opponent ...

that will make him the winningest fighter in UFC history, and also the fighter with the most finishes -  that is one hell of an accolade.

Though a longshot - and probably just a pipedream of mine - after Cowboy's next finish, what are the chances he uses his accomplishment as a paltform to call for a money fight?

Do you think such an accomplishment, his detoeoriated chin, his weak body, the size difference, the matchup style - on top of a 2 fight winning streak - would be enough to get Nick Diaz out of retirement and into the Octagon with him? 

Would be one hell of a fight for the fans, and I couldn't imagine a better position for either man to be in - huge payday for Cowboy, and a fight that clearly favors Diaz to win, thusly elevatating his status while taking the least amount of risk.  

Why not?

Borgata Grille -

Cowboy will never get another finish in the UFC. 

That's assuming they don't feed him a tomato can next, making him "the winningest, most dangerous fighter in UFC history" in order to sell the ensuing fight and setup up wonderfully the next person in line chosen to knock him out. Why leave such an easy card on the table against an undersized,  slow starter with an iffy chin and a damaged body? 

Borgata Grille -

You say that so sure of yourself. What the fuck are you talking about? You don't even know who his next fight is. He could step in on 2 weeks notice against who the fuck knows in March. The motherfucker said he's gonna fight for at least a few more years.

Now throw in his WEC wins and god damn that's a nice list of wins. Shields and Hendo are two others who off the top of my head have an amazing list of wins

Acidic -

Now throw in his WEC wins and god damn that's a nice list of wins. Shields and Hendo are two others who off the top of my head have an amazing list of wins

Yup good call. I genuinely mean no disrespect when I say this but all three guys have waaay exceeded expectations throughout their respective careers. 

All three have fought up a division from where they should be and beaten guys they weren't expected to

Borgata Grille -

If you don't like Cowboy, I don't know why you watch this sport.  He's been one of the most exciting and active fighters this decade.

Borgata Grille - 

He just finished a good fighter. What are you talking about?

I'm really confused with the desire to see nick Diaz fight.   He obviously doesn't give a shit about fighting, so why do some of you obsess about it?   I'm not being a smart ass, I just really don't get the appeal.   I also don't understand why some feel like he is some once in a lifetime fighter.   I am not saying he isn't a good fighter but I can't get into his taunting while not doing much. He def has had some fights that I give him props for.  But I just don't understand the cult like following of some.   Can someone enlighten me?   Maybe you will open my eyes to something I'm not seeing.   

TeamPrimal -

I'm really confused with the desire to see nick Diaz fight.   He obviously doesn't give a shit about fighting, so why do some of you obsess about it?   I'm not being a smart ass, I just really don't get the appeal.   I also don't understand why some feel like he is some once in a lifetime fighter.   I am not saying he isn't a good fighter but I can't get into his taunting while not doing much. He def has had some fights that I give him props for.  But I just don't understand the cult like following of some.   Can someone enlighten me?   Maybe you will open my eyes to something I'm not seeing.   

Just look at how Nate fought when he fought Michael Johnson and Conor. Now look at how Nick fought against Daley or BJ. Now look at Anderson and Condits strategy against Nick. Lots of movement, touch then out, avoid exchanging at all costs.

People like Nick because they believe that if any fighter in the world wanted to stand there and have a phone booth fight, a “real” fight as some would say, that he would win and actually expose a lot of guys who are more athletes playing sport than fighters. I’m in this camp and I think Nate x Conor highlighted this. Conor’s style is to stand in front of you and “actually fight” you. Conor walks through every top guy he fights like it’s nothing. Not just FWs either after what he did to Eddie. He goes in there and stands toe to toe with Nate and gassed and got smashed. This is historically what happens when you try to “actually fight” a Diaz.

TeamPrimal -

I think in this era of money fights ppl are still interested in watching him fight. Not sure about that cult following bs hes simplt fun to watch. 

Now take a guy like cerrone against him? Thats money. Props to op for suggesting a solid match up in a time when ufc surely needs it

Winningest.

WINNINGEST.

Jesus Christ.

Between Matt Mitrione winning and Donald Cerrone winning their respective main-event fights, I'd say it was an awesome weekend.  The only thing that would have made it more awesome is if Joey Logano had won the Daytona 500!