So Strikeforce is done?

So I am coming to the party late, I was busy with work tonight.. but it seems both cash/hype cows that Strikeforce had left ended up on the wrong side of the win/loss column tonight.. King Mo got stopped and from the (limited) MMA coverage I have read.. Lashley might of been beat out of MMA for good...

So, does this mean its ashes to ashes, dust to dust for Strikeforce?

Sure they still have Fedor, us hardcores will still tune in for that.. but he is no longer the undefeated phenom to the casuals.. just a doughy whitey trying to get a win of his first loss...

Will be very interesting to see how Strikefoce recovers from tonight...

ttt

K-Dub-"T" -  Why would they be done because people lost?

Cause everyone they were marketing around towards the "casual" fan lost...

King Mo
Lashley
Fedor

..Sure, us hardcores will tune in to anything that is MMA.. but the casuals need characters or those who are already "built up" fighters...

JustPeed - 

King Mo
Lashley
Fedor

..Sure, us hardcores will tune in to anything that is MMA.. but the casuals need characters or those who are already "built up" fighters...

truth

Strikeforce is done after every show.

I hope the TS's UG career is done after this...

PrideGP is The GAME - Strikeforce hasn't built their organization around any particular fighter.  Strikeforce is about intriguing match ups and solid MMA.

this.

You posted 6 times before quoting yourself? You are a whore, sir.

armbartender - 
PrideGP is The GAME - Strikeforce hasn't built their organization around any particular fighter.  Strikeforce is about intriguing match ups and solid MMA.

this.

Really? It was pretty clear who Strikeforce wanted to win.

http://i33.tinypic.com/15oxu1d.jpg

SF survived Fedor's loss, Jake's exit, a CBS-TV brawl, Carano getting smashed, UFC counter-programming, hypercritical media coverage, and more.

SF seems fine.

PatrickFreitas - SF survived Fedor's loss, Jake's exit, a CBS-TV brawl, Carano getting smashed, UFC counter-programming, hypercritical media coverage, and more.

SF seems fine.
/Thread

JustPeed - 

King Mo
Lashley
Fedor

maybe they're going to do the "come back" marketing now...it's fighting, not rocket science

dabigchet - There is some middle ground between "fine" and "done". What Strikeforce needs more than anything else are stars. Fighters that draw no matter what. The UG confuses fighters that are liked here (Diaz for example) as stars all the time.Because Strikeforce does't have any built in stars except Fedor, they need to build them. And losing the way Lashley and Lawal did certainly hurts their growth to becoming the kind of draws that Strikeforce needs.Thus, all in all, bad night for Strikeforce.<br><br>Posted from my mma underground iPhone app

This dude gets it.