So went over to Reddit. Holy fuck!

Heard a couple younger guys talking about Reddit r/bjj. Thought I’d check its out. What. In. The. Fuck! Is that the future of BJJ? Biggest collection of crybaby nerds I have ever seen in my life.

The technique videos were wack. Dude’s literally sound like they are making shit up. Other than the odd Craig Jones/Danaher post it is kinda sad. I honestly feel kind of bummed out like BJJ is now 80’s karate.

The posts and questions are seriously sad. Do these guys have instructors? Has the art gotten so diluted that we are going backwards?

5 Likes

Reddit in general is a cesspit echo chamber where it really seems like the worst people on the planet gather to yell Communist slogans at each other.

It used to be that a couple of the smaller subs had interesting discussions with knowledgeable people but even that has dried up.

7 Likes

Dude was on there literally saying, “Just start in positions and see if techniques come out of it”! Seriously? This is how these dipshits think?

So I watched the video and he had two 20 something dorks start with the armlock from mount and try to finish. They were clueless. Do this numbskulls know technique has already been figured out? The answers are out there?

And white belts posting comp matches asking for feedback? Here’s some feedback. Get your diet in check, take the t-shirt off under the gi, and train more, fag.

4 Likes

reddit is a place to go for smoking meats/bourbon / irish whiskey and thats about it as far a serious subs go. The rest is a joke, I’ve been banned from so many subs, and blocked by people it’s hilarious

3 Likes

That’s something I’ve noticed also.

I didn’t train for a long long time but I went to see some friends while I was on vacation. They invited me to go to Jits class with them and I went. I only did no gi because I didn’t have a gi. At their gym, they have no gi and then gi class afterwards.

I was sitting on the sidelines and drinking water when I noticed that everyone in the gi class had rash guards, cups and spats on under their gis. It was incredibly strange because when I was doing gi every day circa 2005, you didn’t wear a cup (because that’s cheating), rash guard, t-shirt or basically anything but underwear under your gi.

The whole thing was strange.

1 Like

I got IP banned from the site for calling someone a mongoloid.

I had no idea that it was a slur, no idea that it had been a slur and, even though it’s used in TV shows, movies, books and other forms of media as a synonym for retard, apparently mongoloid remains a slur.

2 Likes

mongoloid Is perhaps my favorite slur lol.

But yes, BJJ is going the direction of Karate, I made that comment on reddit and everyone lost their shit lol. Its wild to think how many skinny-fat computer nerds think they can fight because they roll in a controlled environment, on a mat with someone they trust, under a ruleset.

2 Likes

There are some decent subreddits, and reddit has about a million times the traffic this site has. /BJJ is definitely full of cry babies and Craig jones nut huggers though, but there’s some decent convo if you cut through the BS.

1 Like

Work Vintage GIF by Offline Granny!

2 Likes

Reddit is the biggest collection of crybaby bitches in one place on the entire Internet

6 Likes