Social media is ruthless to fighters

Social media is a cancer

4 Likes

Yeah, obviously being fighters they are not human beings. They have no feelings and you can feel free to be a huge internet asshole if you choose.

How would you like a bunch of goofs making “jokes” about your family? Maybe “jokes” about suicide? Who cares, right?

/smh

2 Likes

All good points to think about……Joe Biden sniffs little kids.

4 Likes

I was just thinking that last night. Back then everyone was part of the sport somehow, it was a small world, everyone was in the business, and 99% of the people I knew actively trained or took local Wrestling/boxing/BJJ/Muay Thai classes. They weren’t many pure “fans” like today.

3 Likes

If you go on a random UFC superstar Instagram after they lose, you’ll see a LOT of nasty comments from people. It’s not just memes. These people go seek out an Avenue to release anger.

1 Like

The memes about Vera’s daughter cross all of the lines…

but I still laugh, because I’m a bad person

5 Likes

The guy is a wrestling fan that loves drama. Who cares what he thinks about shit like that.

3 Likes

That meme is pretty fucking funny, but only because I know there’s no way Dom actually said that…

4 Likes

True. I only care cause he has a large audience and it was weird coming from him because he knows the sport. I remember Ariel took a ton of shit for criticizing Khabib for the post Conor fight brawl, when he could’ve avoided a lot of it.

It just took me by surprise when he said “ah that was lame, we don’t want to see them shake it out right there”… he might have been referring to Masvidal vs Usman. I forget what fight but I remember the handshake being awesome and Monday morning he was shitting on it. Even a dirty weasel like Ariel, I hadn’t heard him speak like that previously.

2 Likes

So I just decided to click on Usman’s last photo and here are the first comments that appear. I didn’t event selectively edit to make it look bad.

Top comments were positive 6 hours ago but when he got KO’d 3 hours ago it all changed….

1 Like

LOOK HOW MANY “LIKES” on these comments. This is just insane.

1 Like

People are fucking weird. I’m all for free speech and I think cancel culture is horrible. But I do think assholes should be outed. I’m so glad I don’t partake in social media. Imagine being Usman and reading this comment from a mortgage loan salesman. lol. wow

3 Likes

O’Malley handled it well

I agree with what he said, thats why i love this country. Free speech and less sensitive girls.

1 Like

Add Conor to the list now

1 Like

It’s just crazy how people are so negative. I’m a firm believer in what you put out is what you receive. All that negative energy is unhealthy.

IF I would go on social media it would be to say congrats to a fighter! I can’t imagine what type of person leaving comments like that and raising children at the same time.