Some ideas to improve the UFC

Throw out the rule book, implement Prides rules

After you implement Prides rules, look to mimic the pride events

After you have done that, rebrand it to Pride so that MMA can be what it was always destined to be.

1 Like

UFC should be survival of the fittest and let fighters fight till death.

1 Like

Old school one night tournaments.

I’d like to see PPV abandoned and a new all inclusive subscription model be launched. Better for fans but the org would lose money so likely not an ‘improvement’ as such

1 Like

Two weight divisions per card. Could even be one division per card in the cases of the really crowded divisions. Just seems like it would be way easier to follow and keep track of people.

2 Likes

I wish the commentary was much more professional too like what we see in the MLB and NFL, we aren’t there for the quirks of the commentators, we’re there for the fights. Bispong and Daniel Companyman especially treat it like a podcast

1 Like

Implementing the Fight Island idea without have a moat filled with snapping crocodiles around the cage was the moment I realized the UFC doesn’t give a fuck anymore.

thank you for response and have a lovely day.

I would add:

Get rid of all WMMA.

Stop with the favoritism, if someone needs experience or to be “brought along slowly” they are not ready to be in the UFC and can do that at the regional level.

There’s far more important things to fix. But fuck off about rogan he’s the one and only good commentator these days. Keep Felder and Cruz they’re fine

Other than that though here’s the best things the ufc can do once Dana White passed the torch to Hunter Campbell:

1. Get rid of Venum. Go back to letting the fighters promote themselves and have their own sponsors. Venum is ugly as shit there’s no kids or adults buying Venum fight gear and wearing it out in public

2. No more WMMA on the main card, unless it’s a title fight

3. A few less shows per year, but stack each show a little more

4. New gloves. The ufc gloves are too small and there’s too many eye pokes. Make something similar to the PRIDE FC gloves, or finally buy out the Trevor Whitmer glove style and give him a good chunk of money for it

5. More ESPN/ABC cards. Not to be confused with ESPN+ but the actual ESPN itself. Free cards on able TV will help bring new fans