Some thoughts about Evan Tanner

I couldn't sleep last night so I wrote up some thoughts about Eavn on the eighth anniversary of his death

https://punch-face.com/2016/09/05/believe/

Great read. Hard to believe it's been 8 years already. RIP Evan.

Thank you for posting, man.

Great read. Long time fans have never forgotten who Evan Tanner was. Phone Post 3.0

The thing to remember is mma was in its infancy when Evan got into it. That was an era when a regular guy with some athletic talent and some background in some form of fighting art could step in off the street, get in shape, train up some skills and join the big leagues.

Evan was one of those guys, very athletic, competitive and he did well. He was always in great shape but his approach and execution were always DIY, and he never really got into the full pro fighter scheme, only later in his career did he spend more time with camps like Quest, and really developed his game and even scored a submission win by a flying triangle of all things.

He had a lot of potential that he didn't realize, but he was definitely the greatest and the last of the self made wandering spirit fighters.

Nice write up. Rip Evan Tanner. Phone Post 3.0

Good piece man

The Cannibal -

I couldn't sleep last night so I wrote up some thoughts about Eavn on the eighth anniversary of his death

https://punch-face.com/2016/09/05/believe/

VU. Thoroughly enjoyed your write up on a special human being. We are all great, we are all flawed. Even embodied this Phone Post 3.0

RIP Evan Tanner
Believe in the Power of One Phone Post 3.0

Good read

RIP Phone Post 3.0

For later Phone Post 3.0

I like the cut of your jib.

Author: C. Thomas Rockwell

Formerly a low-level professional fighter, Army medic, meat cutter, retail manager, residential demolition peon, bouncer, convenience store clerk (Randal, not Dante), and many other worthless things. Currently a pre-med student in Alaska. Permanently a consummate wanderer, amateur philanderer, and journeyman asshole.

Nice read.
Evan was something.
RIP Phone Post 3.0

t

Thanks everyone.

MMA Playwright - 

I like the cut of your jib.

Author: C. Thomas Rockwell

Formerly a low-level professional fighter, Army medic, meat cutter, retail manager, residential demolition peon, bouncer, convenience store clerk (Randal, not Dante), and many other worthless things. Currently a pre-med student in Alaska. Permanently a consummate wanderer, amateur philanderer, and journeyman asshole.

hahah high five

Sub for later. Phone Post 3.0

He was one of the most enigmatic men in MMA. I always rooted for that guy. 

I met him at the after party of UFC 21. Let's just say he was having himself a good time that night. 

Vrill - 

He was one of the most enigmatic men in MMA. I always rooted for that guy. 

I met him at the after party of UFC 21. Let's just say he was having himself a good time that night. 

Yeah man, I can imagine

The Power of One lives on through each and everyone only from within ourselves.

Ttt thank you Phone Post 3.0