“Somebody is Going to Get Killed” - Masvidal Boxing

It appears that former UFC welterweight title challenger Jorge Masvidal is heading to boxing

‘Gamebred’ famously retired following a loss to Gilbert Burns in April at UFC 287. The defeat was Jorge Masvidal’s fourth in a row, previously losing to Colby Covington and Kamaru Usman. Prior to the event, the Miami native stated that he would retire with a defeat, and he kept his word.
However, that was just MMA. Since his retirement, Jorge Masvidal has been busy, promoting his own events under the Gamebred Promotions umbrella. Along the way, the former title challenger has teased that he would head to the boxing ring next. A former foe of the Paul brothers, a potential fight would be highly profitable.

It appears that Jorge Masvidal is aware of that as well. During a recent interview with ESPN, the former UFC title challenger confirmed his plans to return to boxing in early 2024. While no opponent was named, it will be the Miami native’s first appearance in the ring since a 2005 win over Joseph Benjamin.
“Yes, it’s a yes. My yes is a yes and my no is a no, and I’m telling you that’s a yes.” Jorge Masvidal responded to a question asking if he would get into the boxing ring in the future. “I’ll tell you this much, it’s not this year. It’s not this year. No names right now, but I can tell you it’s early next year.”

He continued, “I can tell you somebody’s going to get killed. Just boom, in your face.”

1 Like

The MMA fighters switching to boxing is getting old. They ALWAYS lose and it’s gotten so predictable. It also seems like they aren’t even trying during the boxing matches.

3 Likes

I’d like to see him box JP

2 Likes

How is it his debut, the Bj penn article states he had a fight already, he’s 1-0

Agreed. The novelty has worn off.

3 Likes

Its funny they’re all over the hill. Probably dont even train for the fights. They switch to boxing make weight and come to collect a bag

1 Like

Pettis fought on Gamebred’s last card against RJJ.

Jorge Vs Pettis anyone?

Would be rooting for JP
And sounds like his MMA circus doesnt pay off

The thought of anyone dying at the hands of lazy, pillow fisted Jorge is comical

3 Likes

Of course he is. Hes a prime candidate for getting KTFO by a Youtuber.

All these old MMA guys whoring for boxing paydays and making their sport and themselves look bad.

1 Like

darren till sport GIF by UFC

Was never the same

Maybe Till Vs Jorge 2 in boxing

3 Likes

In his defense, He was blocking punches with his face for two rounds until it happened, a good combo to the ears(after it he even looked around like “where the fuk I am”) and few seconds later that combo with switching stances he wasnt ready for…

Phoney Montana can’t possibly look any worse than he already does so he at least has nothing to lose here.

3 Likes

2 Phunny Phoney
Phooey

2 Likes

Colbys best insult he came out with.

1 Like

100%