(source) Anderson out til 2/2011 w/ broken ribs

robbie380 - 
Josey Wales - I work in the medical field and 5-7 months is excessive but everyone is different. I have also broken a rib and healed up within 5-6 weeks but, once again, everyone is different as are injuries.

With that being said, don't most of these guy come in banged up for their fights. I've heard guys say no one comes 100% for a fight (Hughes). I mean guys have won with broken arms (randy, ace) and no ACL (Shogun) just to name a few. Didn't Chuck and Cro Cop go into fights w/no ACl or MCL. Also, Soares really doesn't come off very well. Changing Anderson words during translation. He is not very believable but I do think Spider has a rib injury though. Just 7 months seems very suspicious.
<em><font style="background-color: #eeeedd"><a href="http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news/256420/UFC-117-suspensions/"&gt;http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news/256420/UFC-117-suspensions/&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/font&gt;&lt;/em>
 Well he is suspended for 6 months and has to pass neurological scans.  anderson got fucked up in that fight.  all these armchair doctors in this thread who were saying anderson can fight in a few months have been proven to be idiots.  like i've said in other places i seriously hope he is the same guy after that beating.   if he takes another beating like this he needs to seriously consider retiring even if he wins.  he'll be pushing 36 by his next fight and athletes not loaded up on PEDs have a very hard time continuing at a high level at that age.  

Hey moron, if he gets cleared by a physician and passes the tests he could fight next month if wanted too. I was speaking about his "rib fracture" not any underlying neurological damage that might have occurred. Most lengthy suspensions are just precautionary. So quit being such a butt hurt fan-boy.

Josey Wales - 
robbie380 - 
Josey Wales - I work in the medical field and 5-7 months is excessive but everyone is different. I have also broken a rib and healed up within 5-6 weeks but, once again, everyone is different as are injuries.

With that being said, don't most of these guy come in banged up for their fights. I've heard guys say no one comes 100% for a fight (Hughes). I mean guys have won with broken arms (randy, ace) and no ACL (Shogun) just to name a few. Didn't Chuck and Cro Cop go into fights w/no ACl or MCL. Also, Soares really doesn't come off very well. Changing Anderson words during translation. He is not very believable but I do think Spider has a rib injury though. Just 7 months seems very suspicious.
http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news/256420/UFC-117-suspensions/

Well he is suspended for 6 months and has to pass neurological scans.  anderson got fucked up in that fight.  all these armchair doctors in this thread who were saying anderson can fight in a few months have been proven to be idiots.  like i've said in other places i seriously hope he is the same guy after that beating.   if he takes another beating like this he needs to seriously consider retiring even if he wins.  he'll be pushing 36 by his next fight and athletes not loaded up on PEDs have a very hard time continuing at a high level at that age.  

Hey moron, if he gets cleared by a physician and passes the tests he could fight next month if wanted too. I was speaking about his "rib fracture" not any underlying neurological damage that might have occurred. Most lengthy suspensions are just precautionary. So quit being such a butt hurt fan-boy.

just because you are a male nurse doesn't mean you should be posting your medical opinion. 

anderson won't be fighting for awhile. 

EdSinister'sBottomBitch - 
scrapdo - A "broken" or "fractured" rib is the same as a "cracked" one. What a bunch of BS.

Anderson and his entourage have now told us his rib was broken, cracked and chipped.

Well, which one is it?  Are they just guessing at what's wrong?  Is Brazilian healthcare that bad?<br type="_moz" /> 

Its def not up to the standard of being the wealthiest nation in the world with a significant portion of its citizens unable to afford it.

frontrowbrian - 
ceezarthebadguy - I'm not even a huge Silva fan, I wanted Sonnen to win, and don't understand the disrespect.

Why respect someone who clearly doesn't respect anyone else? The fans, his employer, the sport. Anderson's 15 minutes of fame are stuck on 14:59 and the gangster from Oregon will be waiting for him when he comes back his vacation that he takes EVERY year while claiming some ridiculous injury.

If 16 fights without being defeated and having finished 13 of them is the new "15 min."

Chael cant go like 3-4 fights without losing (tapping/claiming he didnt).

Chael = valiant challenger

Anderson = still the champ

Chael said he would rid the UFC of Anderson Silva, and it seems he has -- at least temporarily.

Nicdom - Also, I'd love to see Sonnen shut up Bisping in the mean time so he can stay active.

The smack talk in this fight would be EPIC!

make it happen dana!!

Bullshit.

It should take about 4-6 weeks before he can train again

http://www.sportsinjuryclinic.net/cybertherapist/front/chest/ribfracture.htm

How long will it take to heal?

• If it is not a severe fracture then you should be back in action from between 3 to 6 weeks so long as you rest.

• If you do not rest then it will not be given the chance to heal.

-----------------------------------------------------

Surgery may be done if your ribs are fractured badly or you have injuries to your organs. Many rib fracture will heal in about 4 to 6 weeks with rest. It is important that your caregiver checks your rib fracture to look for any other injuries.

Read more: http://www.drugs.com/cg/rib-fracture-aftercare-instructions.html#ixzz0wF4MrYqm

He's ducking and hiding. It DOES NOT take 7 months to return to action.

Blazing Knees -  Bullshit.

It should take about 4-6 weeks before he can train again

<a href="http://www.sportsinjuryclinic.net/cybertherapist/front/chest/ribfracture.htm"&gt;http://www.sportsinjuryclinic.net/cybertherapist/front/chest/ribfracture.htm&lt;/a>

<h2>How long will it take to heal?</h2><ul> <li>If it is not a severe fracture then you should be back in action from between 3 to 6 weeks so long as you rest.</li> <li>If you do not rest then it will not be given the chance to heal.</li></ul><p> -----------------------------------------------------

Surgery may be done if your ribs are fractured badly or you have injuries to your organs. Many rib fracture will heal in about 4 to 6 weeks with rest. It is important that your caregiver checks your rib fracture to look for any other injuries.

Read more: <a style="color: #003399" href="http://www.drugs.com/cg/rib-fracture-aftercare-instructions.html#ixzz0wF4MrYqm"&gt;http://www.drugs.com/cg/rib-fracture-aftercare-instructions.html#ixzz0wF4MrYqm&lt;/a>

He's ducking and hiding. It DOES NOT take 7 months to return to action.
 </p>

Again another idiot talking out his ass.

EVERYONE in EVERY sport knows damn well rib injuries are terrible and the effect you for a LONG fucking time. Stop trying to prove you know shit by blindly copy and pasting shit off of websites!
I know people that popped, separated and cracked ribs YEARS ago and the shit still bothers them

Squared Circle - Chael said he would rid the UFC of Anderson Silva, and it seems he has -- at least temporarily.

Andy had bad ribs.

Well regardless, Silva is suspended for 6 months due to the beating he took. Until someone says otherwise, he got the injury in the first round and I'm inclined to believe it.

So what you guys are saying is 2 months to heal and 4 months to get back in condition to fight is too much time for Anderson to take?

robbie380 - 

<em><font style="background-color: #eeeedd"><a href="http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news/256420/UFC-117-suspensions/"&gt;http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news/256420/UFC-117-suspensions/&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/font&gt;&lt;/em>

Any real MMA fan will get that Anderson needs time off after that fight. Anyone who doesn't get that is a troll.

However, I think you're being over-dramatic by stating that he will never be the same again.

He has barely taken any damage in his career and Chael's GnP isn't brutal at all. In fact, his GnP is actually incredibly weak for a guy as big and athletic as he is.

Every one of the Silva nuthuggers on this thread are missing the fucking point. 

He got rib injuries DURING THE FIGHT.  Ed Soares came up with this elaborate story that the rib injury was BEFORE THE FIGHT.  Even though he won, Silva(and/or Soares) needed to LIE claiming the injuries were from training and not the fight so no credit is given to Sonnen for doing the damage.

I almost made a thread saying that his rib injury was caused by Sonnen and didn't happen before the fight but I knew the nut huggers would come crying about how that couldn't have happened. 

frontrowbrian -  If Anderson's injury is so bad, why did Ed tell Ariel Helwani Anderson is back in LA helping Feijao and the Nogs prepare for their fights?

He can train with Feijao and the Nogs with his alleged cracked rib(s)?  
^This and if Silva is going to be out that long then it should be Sonnen vs Belfort.  Wand vs Belfort would also be nice to see.  Can't keep Belfort out until Silva comes back.  That would be almost 18 months since his last fight.  And fuck Bitchping, no way does he deserve to be anywhere near contention.

K-Dub-"T" - 
SRTGEO - 
frontrowbrian -  If Anderson's injury is so bad, why did Ed tell Ariel Helwani Anderson is back in LA helping Feijao and the Nogs prepare for their fights?

^This and if Silva is going to be out that long then it should be Sonnen vs Belfort.  Wand vs Belfort would also be nice to see.  Can't keep Belfort out until Silva comes back.  That would be almost 18 months since his last fight.  And fuck Bitchping, no way does he deserve to be anywhere near contention.

It is impossible for untrained keyboard warriors to understand that it is possible to coach and pass on knowledge and help your team out even if you are on crutches.

Go train for real some time. You'll see.

So he'll be there on crutches with some pom poms to coach with?  And by the way I just spent 11 years serving this country so maybe you should go get some REAL training Mr Part Time.

^ then with all due respect, you should have realized you can help train someone without being 100%.

SRTGEO - 
K-Dub-"T" - 
SRTGEO - 

It is impossible for untrained keyboard warriors to understand that it is possible to coach and pass on knowledge and help your team out even if you are on crutches.
Go train for real some time. You'll see.

So he'll be there on crutches with some pom poms to coach with?  And by the way I just spent 11 years serving this country so maybe you should go get some REAL training Mr Part Time.

So are you saying the CSAC is lyeing for anderson too? Because he's on the list of medical supsensions for a fractured rib?

Soup and Beer -  Every one of the Silva nuthuggers on this thread are missing the fucking point. 

He got rib injuries <b>DURING THE FIGHT</b>.  Ed Soares came up with this elaborate story that the rib injury was <b>BEFORE THE FIGHT</b>.  Even though he won, Silva(and/or Soares) needed to <b>LIE</b> claiming the injuries were from training and not the fight so no credit is given to Sonnen for doing the damage.

I almost made a thread saying that his rib injury was caused by Sonnen and didn't happen before the fight but I knew the nut huggers would come crying about how that couldn't have happened. 

Or perhaps you're "missing the fucking point" and coming up with your own "elaborate story" and "LIE" yourself and are doing your own "crying about how that couldn't have happened" because the truth of the matter is....NONE OF US NO WHAT HAPPENED AND WHEN.

Not I.

Not you (unless your "missing the fucking point" and coming up with your own "elaborate story" and "LIE" yourself and are doing your own "crying about how that couldn't have happened")

Did someone also say "nut hugger"?

Anyone see that thread about the Chael wagon taking butt-hurt to new heights? I see it everywhere....

Man, ya'll are so full of bullshit.

Breaking or cracking a rib is excruciating. Especially in the morning.