(source) Anderson out til 2/2011 w/ broken ribs

Anderson being out six months is no big deal. Most champions fight about twice a year. TUF coaches wait even longer to fight.

frontrowbrian - 
Wasa-B - 
This chapter concludes with that.

Yes but this is just the 1st chapter. Silva/Sonnen is MMA's Ali/Frazier. There are 2 more chapters to be written

That was no Ali/Frazier it was Ali/Foreman.

wow a lot of the fedor hate has fallen on mr.silva i think people just hate success these posts remind me of how aa" beat the shit of of fedor " until he got ktfo

The fight showed that Silva could let Chael beat on him for 23 minutes and still make him cry uncle. Chael quit, end of story.

Nicdom - "After the first round he [Anderson Silva] said he broke his ribs. He said told me he could not breath because of the rib. I told him to forget the rib and work the movement of legs and he would get the triangle... After the fight he went to the hospital and did an x-ray and the doctor said he did not break it, it was just a crack," Lemos said.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2010/8/9/1614368/anderson-silva-out-until-march#comments

All you guys calling Andy and Ed liars need to eat crow and STFU.

Anderson is a warrior for fighting through that injury and I'd love to see him fight Sonnen at 100%

Umm,he was 100% before the fight,Chael broke his rib dumping him on the mat.

lol @ the source being his team

I will reserve judgement until the athletic commission gives their postfight suspension list

Why do people never say who it was who injured them in training? It would lend more credibility to their claims

I work in the medical field and 5-7 months is excessive but everyone is different. I have also broken a rib and healed up within 5-6 weeks but, once again, everyone is different as are injuries.

With that being said, don't most of these guy come in banged up for their fights. I've heard guys say no one comes 100% for a fight (Hughes). I mean guys have won with broken arms (randy, ace) and no ACL (Shogun) just to name a few. Didn't Chuck and Cro Cop go into fights w/no ACl or MCL. Also, Soares really doesn't come off very well. Changing Anderson words during translation. He is not very believable but I do think Spider has a rib injury though. Just 7 months seems very suspicious.

Threads like this are disgusting. I dont understand the disrespect, it is totally uncalled for.

Sebastiaan - Threads like this are disgusting. I dont understand the disrespect, it is totally uncalled for.

Yeah I agree. All the Sonnen/Silva threads are turning people into 12 year old kids..

Sonnen fought spectacularly well (even Anderson said he thought he was going to loose the fight) and Anderson Silva won the fight and was the better fighter of the night (as Sonnen himself pointed out).

I would love to see them go at it again.

Josey Wales - I work in the medical field and 5-7 months is excessive but everyone is different. I have also broken a rib and healed up within 5-6 weeks but, once again, everyone is different as are injuries.

With that being said, don't most of these guy come in banged up for their fights. I've heard guys say no one comes 100% for a fight (Hughes). I mean guys have won with broken arms (randy, ace) and no ACL (Shogun) just to name a few. Didn't Chuck and Cro Cop go into fights w/no ACl or MCL. Also, Soares really doesn't come off very well. Changing Anderson words during translation. He is not very believable but I do think Spider has a rib injury though. Just 7 months seems very suspicious.
Good points.

Ok...Sonnen tapped once (maybe twice, though I only saw once) and tried to say that he didn't tap. His adrenaline was up and he was caught in the moment (again). Yea, it's a little underhanded, but not illegal and immediately after the fight he said he lost. He made absolutely NO excuses about losing.

By the same token, Anderson got his teeth knocked into the mat for 23 minutes and pulled off a sub out of nowhere to get the W. No doubt about it, it was AMAZING. I was certain that I was going to lose $10 that night (I was betting on Sonnen to win), but then I thought for sure Sonnen was going to win and then Anderson Silva fucked up my night lol.

It was a great fight and I agree with DFW that it was legendary. Silva may or may not have been hurt, but regardless he did what a true champion should be expected to do and fight through adversity. He has NEVER been dominated like that in his entire career, yet he STILL managed to pull it off. Anderson Silva is a true champion and Chael Sonnen is a true warrior for giving Silva the business for the better part of 5 rounds.

I don't know if there will be a rematch, but if there is I will be watching it along with every other person in this thread. Yea, Sonnen got a loss on his record, but I don't think there were any losers that night. Certainly not the fans. We all got treated to an epic fight that happens rarely and while I was initially skeptical about ordering the fight, I'm glad I did.

Nicdom - Anderson is a warrior for fighting through that injury and I'd love to see him fight Sonnen at 100%
You did see it.  He got his ribbed cracked and his ass handed to him for 4 and half rounds.  Then he pulled off a fantastic submission.

Lets not try and make this something that it isn't.

A "broken" or "fractured" rib is the same as a "cracked" one. What a bunch of BS.

So many frustrated fucking douchebags spewing out bullshit on this board, no wonder less and less pros stop by, the disrespect is out of control.

Give his props to Chael, he went out there and did what no one ever did before, he fucking deserve the recognition, i don't like his pre fight antics, but he's won me over as a fan with his fighting.

And give his props to Silva for being so beat up for 23 minutes and still have the heart and cool head to pull off a slick sub in the 5th, how many fucking people can do that?

None of you fucktards has any right to disrespect either of those guys.

Nicdom - Also, I'd love to see Sonnen shut up Bisping in the mean time so he can stay active.

The smack talk in this fight would be EPIC!

agreed.

Chael and Leben are teamates cant happen.

I once ate a knee about two inches northeast of my sternum, 'just' cracking a rib. I was fucked up for months. I took a couple of weeks off, but it hurt to breathe, move, laugh, cough, fuck, piss, shit,fart for months and months.

Shit HURTS. Bad.

Josey Wales - I work in the medical field and 5-7 months is excessive but everyone is different. I have also broken a rib and healed up within 5-6 weeks but, once again, everyone is different as are injuries.

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news/256420/UFC-117-suspensions/

Well he is suspended for 6 months and has to pass neurological scans.  anderson got fucked up in that fight.  all these armchair doctors in this thread who were saying anderson can fight in a few months have been proven to be idiots.  like i've said in other places i seriously hope he is the same guy after that beating.   if he takes another beating like this he needs to seriously consider retiring even if he wins.  he'll be pushing 36 by his next fight and athletes not loaded up on PEDs have a very hard time continuing at a high level at that age.  

I'm not even a huge Silva fan, I wanted Sonnen to win, and don't understand the disrespect.

Sure he got beat up, but he found a way to win the fucking fight. And if he had an injured rib coming in, and Sonnen broke it in the first round, that's even more of a reason to give respect, not show disrespect.