(source) Anderson out til 2/2011 w/ broken ribs

Mad Xyientist - Surprised anyone would call bullshit on this...

Looked to me like he hurt his rib long before Joe or anyone else said anything about it. It was even more obvious whey he never got his guard high.

Because he was getting out muscled and mauled. In between that, he was getting his ears boxed, his skull conked off the mat his breathing interfered with and pendulum bitch slapped.

Yet, him and his fucking rib managed to pull off a triangle, which is all core strength

Bull shit. He may have got the sub, but he lost the fucking fight. I bet he retires.

He will duck Sonnen before he ducks Vitor. He don't want no more of that shit. Ga-run-tee his psyche is completely fucked up. He thought he was invincible and Chael mr. "not a chance in hell" Sonnen may have very well retired him.

Blazing Knees - 

Looked to me like he hurt his rib long before Joe or anyone else said anything about it. It was even more obvious whey he never got his guard high.

Because he was getting out muscled and mauled. In between that, he was getting his ears boxed, his skull conked off the mat his breathing interfered with and pendulum bitch slapped.

Yet, him and his fucking rib managed to pull off a triangle, which is all core strength

Bull shit. He may have got the sub, but he lost the fucking fight. I bet he retires.

It was a very sloppy triangle, and he used no hip movement to set it up. So, that would seem to confirm the injury.

Also, while Chael's ground n pound looks impressive, he's no Shane Carwin/Fedor in full guard. There's a reason all of his wins since he came back to the UFC ended in a decision.

I DON'T DOUBT HE HAS HURT RIBS...AND MAYBE SINCE HE HAS TO BE OUT TO LET THEM HEAL HE MIGHT AS WELL TAKE A VACATION...THE GUY HAS BEEN PRETTY ACTIVE OVER THE PAST YEAR. I AM SURE HE IS ALSO TIRED OF ALL THE MEDIA UP HIS ASS ALL THE TIME.

Sonnen cracked a rib, fucked up his face, and made him work. Anderson won the fight! Good Job Sonnen.

Bailx - i'd like to see sonnen fight belfort in the meantime

I think Belfort is way over rated. Not that he cant beat Sonnen, just way over rated imo.

I would still like to see the fight.

Exactly.

Not to mention that he was favoring his ribs between rounds and at the end of the fight.

I think you would have to have some kind of grudge against silva to deny that the very reason he was getting hit on his feet was BECAUSE his injury caused his lack of mobility.

the Sonnen crowd can try and discredit Anderson's win all they want

he was dominated start to finish and still managed to find a way to win, that is what a true champion does

that is why Anderson is now holding a belt, and the only strap Chael has is the WEC belt that Ed Soares sent to him because he felt bad

Sonnen was very impressive and deserves his praise, but give credit where it's due

and what is with people around here calling bullshit on fighter injuries?

caposa - the Sonnen crowd can try and discredit Anderson's win all they want

he was dominated start to finish and still managed to find a way to win, that is what a true champion does

that is why Anderson is now holding a belt, and the only strap Chael has is the WEC belt that Ed Soares sent to him because he felt bad

Sonnen was very impressive and deserves his praise, but give credit where it's due

and what is with people around here calling bullshit on fighter injuries?

The Anderson Silva disrespect here is out of fucking control.

Look, if Tito can fight with a fucking cracked skull, this cracked rib shit don't get it.

Ed Soares says they had it checked out a week and a half before the fight and it was bruised. If it was broken or cracked he would not have been allowed to fight.

He was at the e.r remember? So the e-rays said no cracked rib, now it's broken?

Blazing Knees -  Look, if Tito can fight with a fucking cracked skull, this cracked rib shit don't get it.

lol cracked skull = your head hurts

cracked ribs = 80% of your movements aka breathing hurts...

officedrone23 - Anderson is out till 2011 with acute "There's No Fucking Way I'm Fighting Vitor Belforitis"

lol

HammerHands - He doesnt need an Excuse... HE WON THE FUCKING FIGHT!

Its over guys.

Chael did great but still got submitted for the 7th time in his career.

All you guys who keep on holding on to this "yeah but he raped him for 23 min" only help to further cement the fact that the worst Anderson Silva still finished the best Chael Sonnen.

If you want to take a cue from Chael, remember that he said something to the effect that either your hand is raised at the end of the night or its not and regarding respect, he's just there to fight.

They fought.

Anderson tapped Chael out.

This chapter concludes with that.

Popped ribs will make a mouse out of a man. Cracked ribs are worse. Also, it is not necessarily true that Chael cracked it, over exertion was more likely.

Although, Jeff Clark, a famous surfer had 2 cracked ribs. He proceeded to SARAN WRAP his torso and surfed 20+ foot waves for 4+ hours. Jeff is not human though. He is probably the closest thing to an ape I have ever seen without being an ape.

^ Dude, you really got to let this go, it's gonna take a few years off your life with this sort of bitterness in your stomatch.

Fraud? Anderson won the fight if you recall.

Chael signalled that he gave up, that he could not continue, he cried for mercy, uncle and then tried to act like he didnt on not 1 but 2 occasions.

But you cant let this rib thing go from a guy who won the fight.

Move on dot org.

frontrowbrian - 
Wasa-B - 
This chapter concludes with that.

Yes but this is just the 1st chapter. Silva/Sonnen is MMA's Ali/Frazier. There are 2 more chapters to be written

How many fights can Chael really go without tapping out though?

How many fights has Anderson not finished since his last loss in 2004, over 16 fights ago? 3 with 1 DQ.

Anderson > Chael

frontrowbrian -  It's bullshit. A cracked rib doesn't take 7 months to heal.

You'd have to be a fuckin idiot to believe that story

A broken rib heals completely in 6-8 weeks and Anderson's isn't even broken, it's cracked. Huge difference. Cracked rib is much less serious

MY GOD THIS TRUTH!

Chael had his chance and lost. Anderson's still the champ.

ChokeEmOut - 
HammerHands - He doesnt need an Excuse... HE WON THE FUCKING FIGHT!

He is Brazilian..damn right he makes excuses for getting his ass beat on for 23 minutes straight.

Lets not turn this into a race thing. Fighters from all countries have made excuses for performances.

What you guys seem to forget is that some fighters in the UFC do these things called training camps before they fight. Some may even last for 4-5 months if you are a world champion or coming off an injury. I don't think Anderson not fighting until March is unacceptable.

Expecting someone to heal from a rib injury and roll up and defend a world title in 6-8 weeks is retarded. Wake up to yourselves.