Spadafora vs Mayweather Jr - Sparring Sesh 1999

Found this gem, did a quick search and didn't see anything for Spadafora so sorry if it's already been posted. They say Spadafora is the only man "to put an asswhoopin" on Mayweather haha. Paul downplays it in some podcast saying he was 10 days out from a fight and Floyd wasn't in camp at the time.

Spadafora is a southpaw and Mayweather seems to have trouble with them so he definitely gives it to him pretty good, but Floyd gives it back as well. Asswhoopin or no? You be the judge.

If a blue namer would be so kind as to embed.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xp77io_floyd-mayweather-vs-paul-spadafora-sparring-1999_sport#.UcqEMzs3tN8

Spadafora's only great moment lol, he did thing against an out of shape Mayweather. 

Barry_BondsMVP -

Spadafora's only great moment lol, he did thing against an out of shape Mayweather. 

That's only because he ate his Johnny Cakes. Phone Post

Thanks

Floyd Mayweather vs Paul Spadafora sparring 1999 by tiguidou421

Hocky Balboa - 
Barry_BondsMVP -

That's only because he ate his Johnny Cakes. Phone Post

wasn't because he shot his pregnant GF?

In Phone Post

Pro Ice - 
Floyd Mayweather vs Paul Spadafora sparring 1999 by tiguidou421

Thanks, voted up.

Apparently Spadafora is on the comeback trail, looking to fight Money May. He is undefeated but also 38 years old and prob a couple big fights away from a sniff at Mayweather still.

Anyone think he has a chance? Haven't seen any of his latest matches yet, will have to check them out later when not working.

cdnz0mbieopc - Apparently Spadafora is on the comeback trail, looking to fight Money May. He is undefeated but also 38 years old and prob a couple big fights away from a sniff at Mayweather still.

Anyone think he has a chance? Haven't seen any of his latest matches yet, will have to check them out later when not working.

Yes he does have a chance.

Paul isn't as fast as he once was but boxes much smarter and seems to have a stiffer jab.

I don't rate his chance all that great and it's considerably less than say had they met in 2000 or so but styles make fights and the two would make for an interesting albeit boring bout.

Paul needs two wins.

After that he is in the market for money so it'll be either Broner or Maliagnaggi or even Judah.

Floyd vs Paulie works because you'd have an undefeated white guy from Pittsburgh who turned his life around.

It works because Floyd knows it's not a guy who can rip his head off.

I think it's a fight that could be made if Paul wins his next two plus a win over a name on a larger platform. Phone Post

. Phone Post

JeffersonDArcyChoke - 
cdnz0mbieopc - Apparently Spadafora is on the comeback trail, looking to fight Money May. He is undefeated but also 38 years old and prob a couple big fights away from a sniff at Mayweather still.

Yes he does have a chance.

Paul isn't as fast as he once was but boxes much smarter and seems to have a stiffer jab.

I don't rate his chance all that great and it's considerably less than say had they met in 2000 or so but styles make fights and the two would make for an interesting albeit boring bout.

Paul needs two wins.

After that he is in the market for money so it'll be either Broner or Maliagnaggi or even Judah.

Floyd vs Paulie works because you'd have an undefeated white guy from Pittsburgh who turned his life around.

It works because Floyd knows it's not a guy who can rip his head off.

I think it's a fight that could be made if Paul wins his next two plus a win over a name on a larger platform. Phone Post

Definitely a great storyline, both undefeated also. I don't think Spadafora stands much of a chance considering how much better Floyd has gotten over the years and with the problems he's had. But, like I said, he is a scrappy southpaw who puts on the pressure, styles make fights and that's a good one to go against Mayweather.

The sparring session itself was just that. No ass whooping took place. Paul did look good, but he always had boxing skills. He was peaking for a fight, and Flkyd was basically just shaking out.

As far as Paul's career, it's pretty much over. He has a shot at getting a couple of wins to position himself for a decent payday, but he will never see a fight with himself and Floyd. Paul's career never reached the heights it could have. He had no power which meant he wasnt the most marketable. His addictions and run ins with trouble basically ruined his career. I had watched some interview where he had all these excuses and blaming everyone else for his troubles.
Paul was the drunk. Paul shot his girlfriend. Paul got himself into all of his troubles. He isn't going to straighten things out until he accepts responsiblity for his mistakes. Then he MAY be able to move ahead. I'll be surprised if he doesn't get into more trouble and end up back in prison.