Spar hard or spar soft?

This dude is pissing me off, should i be professional or should I clean his clock?

yes.

I like to go soft and calm while someone is going all-out. A good mental/emotional exercise.

lcarus - WTF are you talking about

This mother fucker kicked me in my liver. I drink, so the shit was extra ordinary painful like a mofo

We were boxing, not kick boxing

I usually spar soft.

Sparring while hard is pretty awkward, and makes groin shots even more painful.

Definitely try to stay away from grappling when you are hard.

Cool Story Bro - 

That's grounds for ass whipping IMO.

HardHittingHeeb - I like to go soft and calm while someone is going all-out. A good mental/emotional exercise.

I like this^^, but if the dude was and is really trying to get under your skin, maybe you should show him you aren't going to take his shit.

Tom Lawlor - I usually spar soft.

All excellent points.

^^this!

Hit as hard as you want to get hit. Tell him that next time you spar, then if he goes harder drop a couple bombs.

One of the benefits of a gym with all ages and sizes is you learn to control yourself and your power.

Brad

I like it soft, then hard.

He kicked you while boxing? Take him down and choke him out.

I have a training partner that goes balls out, and doesn't really understand 50%. We talked about it over the weekend, we get in Monday, and he throws a 1-2 with bad intentions. I clinched him up against the cage, he threw a knee, scooped him up, slammed him down, passed to side, and went to lock in a keylock.

When I locked it in, he started shit talking me, telling me how he was never going to tap. Him and I have been in this situation before, and last time I just let go, moved to mount, rode out the round, and that was that. This time, after he started talking, I looked up to our other training partner and he gave me the "do what you gotta do" look, so I went full out. His arm was not in a natural position, and he still wasn't tapping. I readjusted and put all my weight on it, and I really thought it was going to snap. Just as I was about to let off on it, he finally tapped.

Since then, he still goes full out on the feet, but if I get him in a tough position, he doesn't open his mouth and he taps.

jvwand - 
HardHittingHeeb - I like to go soft and calm while someone is going all-out. A good mental/emotional exercise.

I like this^^, but if the dude was and is really trying to get under your skin, maybe you should show him you aren't going to take his shit.

I agree about not being a punk, but if you can do a Silva/Griffin chill-as-fuck matrixy dismantling that rules.

Cool Story Bro - 
lcarus - WTF are you talking about

Next time you spar with him:

Herring In A Fur Coat -  You're not living up to your name.

hahahahhaa

Tom Lawlor - I usually spar soft.

You may want to consult a physician if you experience "hard" sparring for more than four hours.

LMFAO!!!

OneScoup - 
Cool Story Bro - 

That's grounds for ass whipping IMO.

That's grounds for shanking in the shower IMO.