Special account for BJJ black belts

the fighting never stops -
Hunter V -

Second time emailed (tried first 3 years ago) and even FB messaged which shows a read receipt and still nothing.  Ah well I am an Alliance black belt and nobody is taking that away, so whatever.  I guess unless Kirik or a mod knows of you period then it just isn't happening, over it now.

Different guy. Just started looking for coach's recently.

I've never received an email from you. Judging by response you're a little hostile.

Best of luck.

I don't think he was talking to you bro. He was talking about kirik not responding and giving him his special black belt name. 

I don't think he emailed you or was wanting to. Judging by your response you don't seem to be able to follow the theme of a thread, or stay aware of the posts going on around you. 

Best of luck

sorry and ty for clearing it up

Lol all good bro I was just busting your balls 

Mine ran out. I’ll email the big man!

lol nah wasn't aimed at you and not hostile at all.  I just think they got overwhelmed w stuff and in general are not getting back to you unless they def know you in regards to getting a grey name if you are a black belt, no worries.

Kirik -

ANYONE WHO'S NAME RAN OUT PLEASE EMAIL ME KIRIK@MMA.tv with your screen name.

BJJ Forum member Sugarfoot recently suggested we come up with a new color for the screen names of BJJ black belts. There was a long thread about same, but I started a new one to make sure I am not missing anyone.

The UG BJJ BB account shows your name, that you are a black belt, and links to your gym url. To set the name please send the following info:

1. Your real name and your UG screen name. Your UG screen name wil become your real name. If you have a nickname that you go by in the community, that too is great. If you are particularly attached to your screen name, it can stay provided your real name is in your account.

2. A compelling online reference to your rank. (Could be your site, images on your Facebook, etc). If there is nothing online about you, I am not suggesting that your rank is not legit. It does however mean that I can't verify it.

3. The name and url of your gym. Could be the gym you teach at, or the gym from which you received your black belt. Note, urls for 2 and 3 could be the same

4. Your city and state/province/country. This too will go on your public display. .

5. Your lineage, which will be kept on file. If you don't know your lineage, I am not suggesting that your rank is not legit, but it does mean that I can't verify it.

I mean no disrespect in asking for these question, and am not suggesting that I am some authority as to whether someone's rank is legit. I am just trying to allow people who have given so much to the sport to have some due recognition if they post here.

Anyone interested is invited to email Kirik@MMA.tv at your convenience.

This post was edited on 3/13/2018 so maybe kirik and the top men are throwing black belts a bone nowadays?!

test

LOL, even if there were trolls who were not black belts when they applied in jest, they surely are legit ones by now

Web site had a recent update… Somehow I turned back into a mudnamer and unable to embed… so sad.

I got mine in August 2016, from Luiz Palhares in Jacksonville. I want a cool color. 

It’s been awhile since I’ve logged in and I noticed my pro account expired. Is the site still offering these accounts for black belts?

It doesn't look like it . The posts on here and emails to Kirik are just ignored........

Nice idea :)

Hey everyone,

I am a current graduate student in Kinesiology. I am currently conducting a study on the psychological effects of weight-cutting in MMA. If you have experience as an amateur or professional fighter and would like to help out, please complete the following survey attached. All information will be confidential, and please help spread my survey to any fighters you may know of. This study will be published in the near future and will do well to help the MMA community. 

If you have any questions please feel free to message!

Link to Survey -- 

https://csulb.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_3jUVDKJugU27kH3

spark0881 -

Hey everyone,

I am a current graduate student in Kinesiology. I am currently conducting a study on the psychological effects of weight-cutting in MMA. If you have experience as an amateur or professional fighter and would like to help out, please complete the following survey attached. All information will be confidential, and please help spread my survey to any fighters you may know of. This study will be published in the near future and will do well to help the MMA community. 

If you have any questions please feel free to message!

Link to Survey -- 

https://csulb.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_3jUVDKJugU27kH3

How many nights a week are you at Legends?

so our black belt accounts are gone?

I’m not sure, but mine is. Kind of liked being able to embed a youtube link without needing to ask for help.

test

Emailed this a lot of times, still don't think it's up 

Meatgrinder - test

Look like the black belt accounts are back?