Spike Just Aired Tanner v. Grove

In the third, when Tanner could've stayed close against the cage and rode the clock out, he instead pushed off and kept fighting til the end.

That's a fucker that never quit. I'll miss watching him fight.

BTW, it was difficult listening to Rogan and (especially) Goldy riding Grove's jock so hard. Who knew, huh?

In any event, even though it's been said numerous times this week, RIP.

Too soon. Couldnt watch it. The most I could muster this week was highlights and Tanner-Terrell.

Not Monty - Too soon. Couldnt watch it. The most I could muster this week was highlights and Tanner-Terrell.

me too. :(

I respect Evan and all, but you guys must have never lost anyone close to you. Seems wierd how people act like they knew him when most people didnt

^^ my thoughts exactly.

I have lost people very close.....including my brother. I never met Evan, but his death has affected me. In fact, I am affected anytime good people die, especially too young.

I turned from it, too. It was definitely a bit too soon.

Strandman - I have lost people very close.....including my brother. I never met Evan, but his death has affected me. In fact, I am affected anytime good people die, especially too young.

Sure I definately think its a sad story, but its not not going to stop be from watching one of his fights or even change the course of my day. People I dont know die everyday.

But everybody handles things differently

Grieving or not, it's still hard to take Goldy's shameless nuthuggery.

CRBMoney14 - I respect Evan and all, but you guys must have never lost anyone close to you. Seems wierd how people act like they knew him when most people didnt

i lost someone very close to me last thursday, and buried him on Monday.. i came home from the funeral and found out Evan Tanner had died.. it still hit me pretty hard.

Evan made people feel like they knew him, whether they did or not. He died way too young. A lot of people battled some of the same problems Evan did (addiction, etc), and in that sense, he helped inspire people (myself included).

Here is my piece of Evan Tanner memorabilia (a blue-namer will posting the pic would be appreciated!):

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y119/pandrews/evantannerautograph.jpg

pandrews76 - 
CRBMoney14 - I respect Evan and all, but you guys must have never lost anyone close to you. Seems wierd how people act like they knew him when most people didnt

i lost someone very close to me last thursday, and buried him on Monday.. i came home from the funeral and found out Evan Tanner had died.. it still hit me pretty hard.

Evan made people feel like they knew him, whether they did or not. He died way too young. A lot of people battled some of the same problems Evan did (addiction, etc), and in that sense, he helped inspire people (myself included).

Here is my piece of Evan Tanner memorabilia (a blue-namer will posting the pic would be appreciated!):

Totally understandable that a guy like Evan would inspire many people.

But its just my feeling that Evan probably didnt play as big a factor in some peoples lives as they make it seem on here.

CRBMoney14 - 
pandrews76 - 

Totally understandable that a guy like Evan would inspire many people.

But its just my feeling that Evan probably didnt play as big a factor in some peoples lives as they make it seem on here.

I can understand some of the people who don't get why the reaction is so intense, but Evan was different from any other fighter.

For me, just watching him lose that fight to Grove was a big bummer (watching it live), knowing how hard it was likely to hit Evan. To watch a guy being beaten who had been trying to come back from bouts of depression, it was a sad thing to see.

To watch it again, adding in his unexpected and tragic death, it would just be completely unenjoyable.

Evan allowed people to see into his life, to a degree that most people wouldn't be comfortable with. So, if you followed his blog, you felt a lot more for him than just a fighter you had watched on TV. I've seen many fighters I like lose, but I had never felt the need to go to their blog and post encouragement (as I did with Tanner, I even posted a section of a thread from the UG, where everyone was being supportive of him).

If I saw Anderson Silva lose, it would just be another entertaining sporting event. Watching Evan lose was like a punch in the stomach. I probably wouldn't have wanted to watch that fight again if he were still alive.

Not to be overly dramatic, but that is just how I feel.

How is Evan's family doing?

Here you go Pandrews:

RIP Evan Tanner

TH

total-mma.com

TEAM TANNER FOREVER

BELIEVE

Strandman - How is Evan's family doing?

ttt for an answer

Racer X - 
Not Monty - Too soon. Couldnt watch it. The most I could muster this week was highlights and Tanner-Terrell.

me too. :(

+1