Srs retarded high kick question

I don't train, and I know that ideally one hits with the shin on kicks, but in many fights, I see high kicks hit with the foot.

Why doesn't this break the foot, or worse, the ankle?

As an observation, it would seem that trying to hit with the shin in this situation would really shorten the striking range.

Am I missing something?

Its all in the technique...

Don't understand that...

how would technique overcome how bones and joints work?

Unnamed - Don't understand that...

how would technique overcome how bones and joints work?

Well using your hands as an example, they can break if you have bad technique right?

People do injure their feet sometimes. Even Cung Le injured his foot in his last fight against Cote.

And don't try to tell me it's because Le lacks technique Phone Post

Lots of times they do break, we just don't know it. A lot of sprained ankles too. Phone Post

addendum to the stupid question, then

If you want to hit your opponent with your shin, what is the point of throwing a high kick at all? Wouldn't you be in range for a punch, at that point?

OnlyTheStrongSurvive - 

People do injure their feet sometimes. Even Cung Le injured his foot in his last fight against Cote.

Lol, no he doesnt lack...

Good Technique can help minimize the occurance of injuries but it wont stop them 100%

Its all in the hips

BaraoKix -
OnlyTheStrongSurvive -  People do injure their feet sometimes. Even Cung Le injured his foot in his last fight against Cote.

Lol, no he doesnt lack...

Good Technique can help minimize the occurance of injuries but it wont stop them 100%

That is correct Phone Post

Why throw an upper cut when you're in range for a hook? Phone Post

Holes in the defense, different angles. A good high kick is hard to see and powerful as Fuck. Phone Post

If you set it up and take a small step out at an angle it puts you in range for the kick but since you're out at an angle they shouldn't be able to hit you.

One of the biggest mistakes made with high kicks is not taking that small step out and the person stays right in front of their opponent, guard down. Perfect example of this is Tyson Griffin vs Gomi. He was throwing a leg kick but the same principle applies. Phone Post