Steven Nelmark v Tai Bowden - UFC 9 unaired prelim

Vrill - 
FreakDaddy - I thought Tank Killed Nelmark when he KO'ed him at the Ultimate Ultimate 2.

Dude, everyone did. I remember watching that with my family and we went from cheering on the action to total stunned silence when Nelmark dropped with his neck bent up on the cage. I thought I had just paid to see a man die. 

I honestly thought he died. No cheering with that KO. That was scary.

That was the third fight of the early UFCs that I thought a guy died and two involve Tank.

Tank’s first fight against the 400lbs Bone breaker. Never saw a guy go rigid after a knockout. Sheltered upbringing I guess.

Tank’s follow up with Nelmark.

Big Daddy Goodridge landing at least 9 elbows to Paul Herrera head. No camera shots of him after that and we were all sure he was dead.

grafzep - That was the third fight of the early UFCs that I thought a guy died and two involve Tank.

Tank’s first fight against the 400lbs Bone breaker. Never saw a guy go rigid after a knockout. Sheltered upbringing I guess.

Big Daddy Goodridge landing at least 9 elbows to Paul Herrera head. No camera shots of him after that and we were all sure he was dead.

There needs to be a “godfathers of MMA” round table, with high production values. Bring all these old dudes in and just let them tell stories.

Would be awesome.

grafzep - That was the third fight of the early UFCs that I thought a guy died and two involve Tank.

What elways bugged me about the Goodridge/Herrera fight is that Herrera was out cold after the very first elbow, but Goodridge kept slamming them in there while he was unconscious and helpless and McCarthy must have been off somewhere daydreaming. I know it all happened in a matter of a few seconds and it was the heat of battle, but come on. 

He definitely could have killed him.