Stipe is Not Happy

I don’t know why but Im starting to think the problem isn’t the fighters.

The problem is money. Look at any sport with a heap of money involved you will have fuckery.

Boxing, EPL go down the list - they are exponentially worse than the UFC on any day in terms of the business being prioritized over the sport itself.

I don’t know about other sports being worse the ufc contracts from what I understand are pretty one sided.

Though I agree, sports leagues are business first now and have been since the 90’s. It’s good for the leagues but it’s bad for the sport.

1 Like

Oh bullshit. That was Frank fertitta and Dave Silva. Dana was just a bald lightning rod.

If he had an elite skill set & was racking up highlight reals, dominating his opponents, etc. Doing things that people just had to see. His good guy firefighter shtick would be fine. But he really has a mediocre skill set. No defense, no elite wrestling or subs, gets ko’d, hands aren’t great. Everyone at heavyweight is so one dimensional that him being a little bit well rounded has allow him to be champ.

3 Likes

Yeah not really sure what they were thinking trimming him down like that. Up against the biggest monster in the division, time to get scrawny!

bump

Have absolutely zero sympathy for ANYONE that holds up the belt. Should be once a year minimum, injury goes to interim belt fight at one year mark, with champ back at 1 1/2 yrs to consolidate or belt stripped. That is fair.

Next fighter up is trying to have a career also. Don’t hold THEM up. Fighters could help themselves a bit here.

1 Like

Exactly. No one wants a HW champ who still cleans toilets at the local firehouse.

1 Like

Yeah, because when he lost the title they gave him an immediate rematch. That’s how you know they wanted him out. Lol!

This is why, love them or hate them, you have to respect Izzy and usman right now.

These guys fight 3-4 times a year which is expected, but champs today like to get the title and discover now is the time to get surgeries and fight once a year max.

2 Likes

You don’t like the guy but what you are saying is factually false. Dana made the Fertitta deal happen

He’s done more for the sport of MMA than anyone on earth

1 Like

I feel like he’d be a marketing dream for an MMA fighter - as a working firefighter. Give him a little behind the scenes coaching, highlight his working man qualities and values, and then plate him up to the masses.

Wrong era, I guess.

They did do that man. They have played that in multiple fight build ups.

Stipe does next to nothing to market himself. I get it’s not his style but you can’t bitch when there is no hype behind you when you have no personality and seem like a disgruntled employee all the time

5 Likes

Yeah they have promoted him that way. The problem is that the guy they portray through promotion - nice, grateful, and humble, doesn’t match the way he comes across in most interviews - angry, bitter, and entitled.

6 Likes

This. Their model self destructing with Francis before he even defends the title makes me smile. Shout out to Jake Paul for making fighters more aware of the game.

1 Like

Stipe Miocic confident he can make the proper adjustments against Francis Ngannou in potential trilogy fight

I guess I’d watch him get KO’d again, but I’m not paying for it. And I don’t want it to hold up the division from new fights either.

2 Likes