Stipe sounds confident

…but then again, he’s fighting never-defeated psychopath Jon Jones. that is a tricky match for any human. I’d love to believe that he could KO Jones with a nice right hand, but it seems unlikely.

most likely outcome i can imagine is Jones dropping elbows on a badly cut and dazed Miocic. R3.

Jones will run through old Stipe at this point. Aspinall against Jones would be interesting, this is not imo.

2 Likes

Age is obviously a huge factor here but what if Stipe comes in and looks great in this fight? I mean I know he has taken a lot of damage over the years but didn’t look particularly bad in his last fight. He looked slower, but he was also fighting the most explosive guy at heavyweight.

He has also taken a lot of time off the last 5-6 years so who knows. Maybe he is reinvigorated to beat Jones, take his 0, and show him what a real heavyweight looks like. With Jones’ size, he does look like he would be slower, and Stipe is a mid-size heavyweight. He has never been particularly fast but he has great hands, and Jones isn’t super athletic or fast at this point either.

I doubt Jones would hurt Stipe unless it is with ground strikes. Also Jon may have lifted a ton of weights, but can he really go in there and hang for five rounds with a real heavyweight? He obviously took down Cyril but Stipe is a different breed. This may be more competitive than we think.

I Love You Mma GIF by UFC

R1 brutal TKO Jon

Wouldn’t be shocked if Jon makes quicker work of Stipe than he did Gane

2 Likes

It would be hard to finish Stipe quicker than than he did Gane. Stipe has a wrestling base. Gane never grappled a day in his life

2 Likes

Stipe is also a senior citizen

3 Likes

Episode 1 Lol GIF by UFC

w2mRF1u

1 Like

You mean it isn’t ova yet ?

Sparring Episode 2 GIF by UFC

Actual footage of the two sparring- espn

2 Likes