Stipe vs Fedor, who would of won?

Donald Trump GIF by Election 2016

2 Likes

So then you agree that fedor tarnished his legacy by never fighting in the ufc when Dana wanted him and threw truck loads of money at him

Nope.

Now why is that I wonder

In 2009 he chose Strikeforce over the ufc. And proceeded to go 1-3 there

He chose right though. His run in the ufc would have gone even worse

Fedor’s legacy was already cemented at that point. He turned 31 the year Pride was sold and already had a long body of work. Not only that, but PRIDE was the premier organization in the world during his reign.

Fedor wasn’t willing to give up all the concessions that led to the UFC’s current and now former champ to walk away from the promotion.

So why’d he got to SF then?

It’s because he thought SF would be easy. Which it wasn’t. He went 1-3 there. His ufc run would have been worse

Lesnar. Cain. JDS. All would have beaten him at that time

He went to Strikeforce because he didn’t want to sign what he thought was a slave contract. Strikeforce HW division was as strong as the UFC’s and that’s not arguable. Signing with Strikeforce didn’t tarnish his legacy at all.

Him losing 3x did though. It didn’t ruin his legacy, but certainly took some shine off it. If he went 4-0 instead of 1-3 there’s be no argument over who is the sports all time GOAT. As a result of those losses, there is justified debate.

Jones is dangerously close to taking the Rickson route. Tarnishing your legacy without fighting. At some point sitting on the sidelines talking shit becomes very transparent and one starts to wonder why you’re talking instead of fighting.

2 Likes

I don’t really think there is justified debate.
At least not in a way that implies the debate should be close.

Agree with everything else you said.

1 Like

Debate for HW GOAT. There is no debate.

I mean vs guys like GSP, Anderson, Jones. IMO those Strikeforce losses are the reason he isn’t clearly above them.

Fair enough.

For me, all things being equal, I’ll always favor the HW.

2 Likes

Me too. As far as I’m concerned Fedor is the GOAT.

2 Likes

Anyone who thinks UFC had the better HW’s at this time then you are goofy AF.

1 Like

That was an awesome tourney for sure. But Werdum was the only one who had success in the ufc lol

Edit. Forgot about DC cause he wasn’t in the pic

Wait where’s Daniel Cormier?

It was an older one but yes Cormier. Lol and Overeem beat the shit out of your boy and Arlovski was an ex UFC champ

Don’t forget. Both chuck and randy went to pride for a fight

Chuck got handled by rampage

Rampage was never a pride champ. But handled chuck over there and became a ufc title holder

Pride was full of killers

1 Like

Who was Randy suppose to fight in Pride?

You joking?

Barnett and Arlovski UFC Champions.
Overeem a UFC contender even as his chin disappeared.

And DC isn’t pictured.

2 Likes

Huh?
Overreem beat a lot of big names in the IFC
Barnett former champ
Arlovski former champ
Bigfoot fought for the title
DC UFC champ

Those guys didn’t have success in the UFC?

You’re exposing your noob. Put it away (STFU).

3 Likes