Stop with the immediate re-matches

FFS if you lose the belt it’s the next guys shot. Unless it’s a controversial stoppage or no contest, that’s it. It’s insulting to other contenders and fans not getting other match ups. UFC has made such a habit of this it’s almost a given now.

26 Likes

It’s killing the sport. Kamaru Usman fought the same guys like 7 times. Glover never even defended his belt and they wanted to run it back with Jiri

8 Likes

I used to like the old formula.

Lose the belt, win your next two fights, and then you get a chance to win it back.

28 Likes

They’re scared to take risks

1 Like

Agreed. This is lame

1 Like

FRANKIE TWO TIMES LOL.

2 Likes

Another thing that sucks about it is that if it ends up with some sort of wonky ending, then you have to fucking do it again.

ISRAIL SHOULD FIGHT ANOTHER CONTENDER FIRST LIKE THEY DO IN BOXING [MOST OF THE TIME]
sorry about the caps lock

1 Like

This

They should have never sold the company to those fucking suits.

3 Likes

Agreed. Although, I remember questioning the consecutive Sylvia Arlovski fights. It just seemed like a waste.

They didn’t even need to do Jones Vs DC more then once.

2 Likes

I’m gonna get the papers…

yeah, agreed, same product over and over. looking forward to Fig/lego-guy 5

1 Like

Agree and Izzys going to lose again it’s too soon from the last one

1 Like

The only rematch I want to see is Daley Vs Diaz.

1 Like

The Saddest MFer belt

2 Likes

C’mon, we all need to see Moreno vs. Figgy part 5!

2 Likes

It’s cause when they put everyone in Reebok bullshit and elevated Dana’s profile above the actual fighters, the only recognizable names are the champions.

3 Likes

I think it had more to do with the roster increasing exponentially (that the only names are the champions).

That and that everytime someone wins a fight every Twitter/insta post is “OMG the most dominant champ in history :goat::goat::goat::goat::goat::goat:

I really don’t think Dana’s profile relative to the fighters is bigger than it was in 2008

1 Like

Cain fought Bigfoot and jds only over a period of years

2 Likes