Stop with the immediate re-matches

Why not. You’re constantly defending the fact that you’re a full fledged pussy

1 Like

Rewatching the first (ufc) fight right now. AP is so much bigger and stronger than Izzy. He hits way harder. AP is also still getting better, training with Glover. Is Izzy still getting any better today?

I’ve felt like this for years now. I hate the immediate rematches. I can think of VERY few that actually warranted it.

But it’s obvious whats going on imo… it’s UFC’s desperation to put a “title fight” on a $75 PPV every 3-4 weeks. Immediate rematches check another box for the promoter and extends the division automatically by 6 months.

By todays standards Rampage should have got an immediate rematch with Forrest.

1 Like

Seriously this is getting out of hand. None stop fucking rematches in almost every division

2 Likes

Alex is just a superior human

1 Like

As far as Adesanya’s rematch is concerned I don’t have a problem with it. Izzy has already beaten everyone in the division.

2 Likes

Shogun deserved that rematch vs Lyoto

Most of them should have to earn another shot

Speaking of Title fights only

What about Jose Aldo against Conor?

1 Like

Yeah Aldo should’ve got a rematch but Conor was done with 145

It used to be about letting the next contender get his shot and you move to the back of the line. The rankings have ruined this.

Plus styles make fights. I’m sure there are some MW that could beat Alex but not Izzy and this could be their shot at gold

I wanted to see it at 155

Jose used to have trouble making 145 and said he had interest in 155 in the future. Kind of strange how he started losing so much weight, and able to make 135

I understand your point and do agree a bit but Adesanya cleared out the division, I think in fairness he deserves it in this case.

That said I would love to see Bobby Knuckles get a crack, I think he has a real chance to beat Alex but that’s me being biased.

2 Likes

Yeah he was a big 45er at the time and I think it was Aldo v Conor that the rule came in about banning IV’s? Or maybe it was a BJ fight? I dunno.

145ers are a fair bit bigger nowadays than when Aldo was there and I think the writing on the wall was to go down not up.

That wasn’t the real reason aldo didn’t get the rematch. The reason was a commercial choice by the ufc. And ultimately from a commercial point of view it was an extremely lucrative decision

Still makes me a bit sad to this day

3 Likes

Yeah the immediate rematches and matchmaking lately have been awful. They’ve missed obvious dunks like Perreira/Hill, Aldo/Cruz, Figgy/Aljo, Moreno/Pantoja, Khamzat/Edwards, Masvidal/Conor. Islam leapfrogging Dariush was crap. Belal can’t get a top 5 guy but they give Masvidal Burns after not winning a fight in over 2 years.

2 Likes