Strange exit by Forrest

Im not so sure why they interview the loser in the octagon after the fight anyway, i dont want to hear from the loser. You lose a fight and then you got Joe Rogan throwing it in your face going "wow!, you lost!, what happened!!!???". Who needs that? Move on.

Forrest did pay respect to the winner. He stated Jardine did exactly what he had hoped to do...knocked him the fuck out.

I hope you all hold yourselves to the same standards of perfection that you hold everyone else.

I'm not a die-hard Forrest fan, but I like the guy as a person and as a fighter and I can't understand why people are coming down on him so hard for being human.

He's an incredible fighter with incredible heart and has accomplished more at his age than many of us will accomplish in a lifetime.

How about just respecting the man and considering that maybe there are things we don't know. Maybe something personal happened?

Oh well, 'fan' is short for 'fanatic'...

WOW... I'm reminded of how "Sherdoggy" this place is getting....

The amount of TUF Newbs is disheartening. It's great that the sport is gaining popularity but at what price?

That's all I have to say... It speaks for itself....

"I'm not so sure why they interview the

loser in the octagon after the fight anyway"

Damn....I have wondered the same exact thing many times?

There's just no point in it at all.

Admittedly, I didn't read all of the posts on this thread - but based on my sampling, this comment is directed toward most of you (but not all of you):

You're asholes.

I'll tell you right now, I've cried after football games that meant a lot to me. And I know others have. And we get to wear helmets to hide from the spotlight and surround ourselves with people going through the same misery. Forrest, and other fighters, do not have that luxury.

You assholes have no compassion and are either too ignorant to realize that humans have emotions, or just too immature.

Probably both.

pain4blood - you missed tito v. couture?

I think he could've handled it much better but it's obvious he was just really upset with himself and wanted to be left alone. I lost a state championship in wrestling back in HS and I can vouch the disappointment you feel after a loss like that is hard to put into words. I'm sure that feeling is multiplied by 100x when you're on a PPV in front of millions around the whole world. Forrest wasn't bad mouthing Jardine afterwards or anything so I'm not sure why everyone is giving him so much crap about this. Some guys are just more emotional, win or lose.

You sound like a bunch of Sherdoggies. Very disrespectful.

Girljock has sobbed the correct

Anybody would be upset, but what kind of man is going to bawl like a child, cuss on live television, and run away from an interview? You would think a professional fighter would be pretty tough.

Oh, he's tough... just young and a bit immature still.

This was written by someone in another MMA forum.

"Forrest's reaction to his loss to Jardine may be one of the most raw, intense and genuine moments I've ever seen in mixed martial arts. I won't soon forget it.

Did he overreact? I don't know. I wasn't the one getting brutally knocked out. I wasn't the one so close to a title shot I could taste it. I wasn't the one hoping to ride a winning streak into contract negotiations. I wasn't the one who up until The Ultimate Fighter kept everything I owned in an 8 x 10 storage unit.

Just so I could chase my dream.

No, I'm not Forrest. And I'm not going to hold last night against him."

I couldn't agree with this guy more.

I would suggest that in general, part of the "job" of a professional athlete
is to be available for interviews or press conferences, win or loose. This is
how other major sports work.

If we want MMA to be mainstream, then we should expect MMA pro
athletes to behave like professionals.

"Damn....I have wondered the same exact thing many times?

There's just no point in it at all."

You know to me there really isnt. I would rather hear a better interview
at the end of the event. A guy just gets his head knocked around and
then hes expected to give a clear explanation as to what happened 1
minute after the fact? IMO it sounds like Griffin lost a little face to the
TUF beer drinking boo everything fans (and yes, they do matter to a
fighter $$$) because he was put on this spot. I feel bad for him.
On top of all of this im pretty sure that most people here that are
giving him a hard time for crying have cried over much dumber less
important things in life.

I'm on the bandwagon till it goes off a cliff. I've always liked Forrest long before he was in the UFC. I understand completely what happened to the guy. He just could not talk about it or he would've broken down. So he said what he had to so he could get out of there ASAP. He never lost respect in my eyes. Jardine just executed better on that exchange and that was that.

R F R

Anyone know how Forrest is doing? (I'm assuming he was checked out by a doctor after the fight.)<<<

I hope he is okay...probably has a concussion after those shots he took. I'm sure he will recover physically...I'm more worried about how he's doing emotionally. He was so devastated by the loss. Has anyone seen him or talked to him after the fight???

LOL...maybe I should say concerned, Deuce. I just hope the guy is okay...mentally and physically and comes back strong. He took the loss hard...I felt bad for him.

Here's to a speedy recovery, and I hope he comes back strong.

Hopefully no one here get's their brains knocked in in front of millions of people. Of course we'd ALL react like Randy or something every time, regardless of circumstance.

sarcasm