Strange exit by Forrest

best of luck to forrest in the future...I hope he recovers from this fight...

I have a feeling that Forrest wanted to get as far away from the octogan as possible. He didn't want to thank sponsors, or God, or his camp. He wanted to head back and get away from everyone. It looked like he didn't want his corner around him either

cut the guy some slack.

How many of you have ever fought and lost in the UFC?

How many of you have ever been a top level athlete dealing with a loss.

losing sucks...plain and simple

remember Tito crying after he lost to Randy?

losing can be very emotinally devistating

Forrest is a elite athlete...elite athletes take a loss harder then people who are...well...use to losing

Tail end of adrenaline dump + tko fog = embarrassing actions. He is still a warrior in my eyes.

A lot of shithead (sherdog) things to say in this thread. Wow.

Maybe he bet a shit ton of money on himself and lost and now doesnt have the cash to pay the mobsters he made the bet with and he knows they will be coming after him.

No doubt Forest wanted that win bad and just had so many emotions. That must suck for a fighter to work so hard in training and then to lose a fight.

Being famous sucks now. Forrest and Bonnar are finally both off the high of their their performance and instant fame of their TUF finale battle. Now, they're just a somewhere in the middle of the roster with a small losing streak.

The only thing that topped Forrest's bizarre exit was anything that Crazy Horse Bennett would do.

Jardine is a beast!

anyone who has ever put it all on the line for something they believed in
and then lost/failed can understand what forrest was going through.

the rest of you are probably either:

1) 12 years old
2) still living in your parent's basement

or both

I'm over Forrest too...plus I think he thinks he's better than he really is. I dont ever see him winning that title belt in that division

Yeah, he lost. It happens. Yeah, he was enormously disappointed. That also happens, he just didn't try too hard to cover up the disappointment. So what? There are plenty of people out there who want to see him fight again and who want to see him be successful.

This is, of course, a completely unscientific guess, but I'm thinking Forrest will have more fans after a loss than many fighters (like Jardine) will have in victory. This is not a crack on Jardine, et al, just a comment on Forrest's combination of skill and personality.

Hope he makes a strong return to the ring.

wtf would anyone actually want to watch forrest, or anyone else for that matter, stutter and snot-bubble his way through an interview?

"I almost choked on my joint.

What are you, Ron Jeremy? I'm must admit being a bit jealous.

For all of you typing things like "you can't judge his reaction if you've never fought", I have a serious question for you...what was your take on Joe Rogan's reaction to Forrest walking off? Joe has never "fought in the octagon", but he seemed more than a little put-off by Griffin's reaction.

Tough loss. Man you gotta know that Forrest had a huge Homer moment when he ran out the ring out the wrong door and has to go through the ring again.

Rogan made a face that showed he was pretty shocked by Griffin's reaction. I was shocked, too (as were a lot of people). However, being schocked, suprised, dissapointed, etc...that is one thing. Getting on the internet and posting inflamotory insults is quite another. Rogan did nothing of the sort.

Thanks for the reply, Morgz. Point well made, and taken.

he was affraid that if he tried to talk he would just break down. that's why he bailed so quick.

Goku, interesting point...

Cr8 is the correct.

He was still 1/2 tko'd when he started crying. If I took all those shots from Jardine I have no doubt I would have shat myself and smeared it all over Rogans shirt.