Street Ippon

"With winter in full effect anyone look around see HUGE tempting lapels and sleeves? I'm almost tempted to grab a stranger and jump in for a harai."

LOL.

When I first began doing BJJ, my first winter back home, I kept trying to jump my cousins and submit them.

Now that I do Judo more than submission stuff, I find myself staring at people wearing jackets and drooling.

I guess that labels me a martial arts nerd or something.

"Now that I do Judo more than submission stuff, I find myself staring at people wearing jackets and drooling."

This belongs in the "you know you are into judo when..." thread.

I used KOSHI GURUMA at Xmas, this is good as your opponent is usually coming at you with punches, and so you use their momentum.

It didnt finnish him, but I held a choke, then let him up when he didnt want to fight anymore.

I shouldn't keep such bad company.

i've been dazed and confused from an osoto on a mat, i cant imagine if someone who doesnt know any ukemi gets slammed on the back of the head on concrete. be careful guys.

"i've been dazed and confused from an osoto on a mat, i cant imagine if someone who doesnt know any ukemi gets slammed on the back of the head on concrete. be careful guys. "

Me too, more than once. It's frightening to think of the damage you could do on a unyielding surface.

Ben R.

We have two local cops who do Judo with us. One is shodan, the other sandan. The shodan related several stories to me last night regarding using Judo in police work. He said that the throws work well, but that he doesn't use them routinely because of use of force issues in routine arrests.

The sandan tossed a guy he was chasing with O Goshi whe the perp turned on him and grabbed him with both hands. The perp hit the cement and just laid there gasping like a fish out of water.

The other one the shodan did: he used Tai Otoshi, but through the guy on his face. End of fight.

Ben r.

Drunk guy tried to hit me. I threw the cleanest uchi-mata ever!

Tried to make another guy leave the bar. He put his back
against the wall with his feet out a little in an effort to try and
prevent me from pulling him out. I swept a foot and he
plunked flat on his ass.