Strickland is so cringe and so is UFC 293 and general trash talk

I have nothing against him, but the dude has no depth at all.

All this trash talk is so basic and the worst is he frequently runs out of material and resorts to diverting the attention to the cameraman or pulling “Come on you guys…” as a filler. That’s a cue for him running out.

I don’t mind him getting a shot and I don’t dislike Sean but his trash talk really isn’t great.

He says things that are supposed to be “outrageous” and cause problems like calling Adesanya a Chinaman, but it’s plainly obvious that he does not have animosity and can get along with anyone. He does not really cross that line.

To say it simply: He has no venom.

Even Adesanya feels that. That’s why their press conference was boring as fuck. It looked phoned in by all fighters. Like they don’t want to trash talk, but they kinda have to.

Tyson and Francis have the same problem.

If you want true, potent, high viscosity venom: Cormier-Jones, Khabib-Conor, Logan-Dilon.

2 Likes

But yet, here we are talking about him…

2 Likes

He is headlining the next UFC in a championship fight against Adesanya. Who else is there to talk about?

The entire rest of the card? Remember UFC 289? Everyone considered Benny/Charles as main event and thats all anyone talked about. If Strickland was so uninteresting there wouldn’t be multiple new threads a day about him and just him.

The others are completely uninteresting.

1 Like

Thats my point. Thank You! Lets keep this thread going since I like Strickland’s cringe

He’s pretty funny. Causing some shit with Australia’s leftist news outlets

4 Likes

He’s like Colby. Doesn’t have the charisma or wit to really be a good trash talker. It’s all verbal clickbait.

2 Likes

He might be a bit more “wow” factor with the shit he says lol

2 Likes

Who was the midget telling Israel to sit the fuck down

based on how shallow this card is i’d bet izzy is trying to renegotiate soon and dana is going to use this cards shitty ppv numbers against him.

2 Likes

Manel Kape, overrated

1 Like

I’m sure he is and probably won’t be around long the way he acts

I thought it was great. Guy had no awareness of who was around him

3 Likes

Lucky this isn’t the Ultimate Talking Competition.

1 Like

I think Sean would prefer that.

He’s a bit better than Colby. Funnier and less of an asshole but really they’re both great. You should check out his podcast it’s pretty funny

2 Likes

Strickland is likeable because he is really being himself. Colby fabricated his entire persona which is hard to identify with

1 Like

I mean yes but you can only fake it so much. I am quite confident Colby is an asshole in real life too I mean he used to be best friends with street Judas!

1 Like

Not sure if serious?