Strickland vs Costa, 302 Matchup in Works 6/1

I do like this fight but, Paulo does not deserve this fight imo. Now I’m not saying Sean is some world beater but he did beat Izzy for the title and I personally thought he beat DDP as well. Paulo’s only win since a decision over Yoel in 2019 is a decision win over Rockhold who everyone else was finishing brutally. Just my thoughts, but like I said, I do like the fight as a styles matchup. If Paulo got the win it would be huge.

1 Like

Those are some generous odds.

1 Like

https://www.mmanews.com/news/mma-fans-react-islam-makhachev-dustin-poirier-announced-ufc-302-june

UFC 302 will be headlined by Makhachev defending the UFC lightweight championship against Poirier.

Odds
Costa: +160
Strickland: -192

I like Costa at those odds

2 Likes

For a guy that almost never fights and is coming off a loss, he shouldn’t get to fight someone above him. Costa fans are delusional thinking he is anything other than a journeyman.

1 Like

100% agree…He can be fun to watch for sure, but go look at his resume, he should be fighting someone 8-15

I think he beats Strickland

1 Like

lOOks like Bo’s Back

Jacob Malkoun, both himself and Bo Nickal have agreed to face one another at the highly-anticipated UFC 302 card on June 1.

https://www.mmaweekly.com/news/bo-nickal-scheduled-for-another-ufc-fight-according-to-reports

Tough fight for Bo IMO

1 Like

Jacobs last 2 fights.

He lost to Cody Brundage…

And then in his last fight , his opponent knocked himself out on Jacobs hip bone…

Either way, it’s a good test and I’m glad he’s staying active

On Friday while training I sustained an injury, I got my MRI results back this morning and unfortunately due to a torn ligament in my hand, I will no longer be able to fight on June 1. I want to apologize to the UFC, my opponent, & the best matchmaker Mick Maynard but this was not an injury I could push through. I hope for a quick return and [to] be back in the cage before summer ends. Thank you to all my fans, friends & family for the continued support [heart hands emoji] … the journey continues.”

Currently ranked No. 15 in the MMA Fighting Global Middleweight Rankings, Hernandez is on a five-fight win streak, most recently submitting Roman Kopylov with a rear-naked choke at UFC 298. There is no word on who the UFC will look to replace Hernandez with at this time.

How Whittaker beat him? :laughing:

Caio Borralho has trained with both Sean Strickland and Paulo Costa and feels their fight could be an "easy night for Strickland" 👀 #UFC301 pic.twitter.com/qmnyuruUry

— MMA Fighting (@MMAFighting) May 1, 2024
1 Like