Strikeforce show was better than any recent UFC

I have been a hardcore UFC fan since the first ones...but this lineup and fights was the best mma event I have seen in recent memory.

People see what they want to see.

all the fights were entertaining for even a casual fan. And for more advanced fans the fights were technical masterpieces.

i still like rogans color commentating but goldie was exposed imo last night :)

Pretty hard to complain about fights of that quality on free tv, but I'm sure someone will find a way.

this's a pretty dumb thread. it was good, but you're REALLY reaching to say this was better than any ufc in recent memory.

and really, why the fuck does it have to compare? can't we just be happy we have so much to watch?

Only time i thought it sucked was the stupid post fight questions that booxing guy kept asking Fedor and how everyones key to victory was either a single leg or a jab. Otherwise good commentary.

lol, when someone asked me who my favorite UFC fighter was... There was a long pause. I could not think of a single one that I liked besides maybe Demian Maia, the rest of the fighters I like are outside the UFC.

Frantic - lol, when someone asked me who my favorite UFC fighter was... There was a long pause. I could not think of a single one that I liked besides maybe Demian Maia, the rest of the fighters I like are outside the UFC.

That's kinda sad.

I agree, I hope they stick around UFC needs the competition

Frantic - lol, when someone asked me who my favorite UFC fighter was... There was a long pause. I could not think of a single one that I liked besides maybe Demian Maia, the rest of the fighters I like are outside the UFC.

That just shows how bias you are. So are the UFC drop outs in StrikeForce like Miller, Soko or Werdum your favourite fighters?

I don't like to compare promotions, but I would say Strikeforce was comprable to most recent UFCs, and I definitely think it was better than the last UFC.

The Silva-Werdum fight was entertaining; Silva looked more polished than I had seen him (still a ways to go), and Werdum did a great job to survive early and win late. It featured some good groundwork for over 500 pounds of fighter.

The Mousasi-Sokodoju fight allowed Mousasi to get more experience at LHW against a dangerous fighter, and Sokodoju showed off some nice Judo. It obviously wasn't the ultimate test of Gegard, but it was a good way to introduce him to casual fans, and he looked impressive as always.

The Miller-Shields fight featured some great ground work, but not much else, and did go on 2 rounds longer than necessary. There was some great stuff in there for instructional tapes, but the casual fan was probably pretty bored. Still, upper tier grappling for the hardcore fan.

Fedor-Rogers was an excellent fight. Rogers looked much better than I have ever seen him, and he would have been a legitimate threat to anyone out there last night. He obviously has worked extensively on defending the subs, and for the most part kept his composure during the biggest fight of his life. Fedor looked like Fedor, and any viewer who had heard of Fedor but never seen him would have been impressed at his speed and power.

Overall, it was a solid night of fights that I would have gladly paid for, but instead got to see for free. Gotta love that.

I got to see the last two fights. I think it really came off well. I would consider it to be a success for Strikeforce.

wonderful card. on par with or better than most ufc fight events. sad but tru ufc lovers. i admit it and i just love all mma.

ev ery fight was good. any real fan of mma would of liked the miller shields fight

Good, solid fight card.
Fedor, Musasi, Werdum.
Free on CBS.

Shields vs. Miller was lame at times, but overall it was a good event.

Frank is way better than Rogan because he has first hand experience. Rogan has no idea what it's like to have to defend strikes on the ground or even takedowns for that matter. training with Eddie Bravo doesn't qualify you as a fight expert.

I'd like to see Musasi in the UFC. he's gonna run through all the non ufc lhw's.

Raedune - all the fights were entertaining for even a casual fan. And for more advanced fans the fights were technical masterpieces.

i still like rogans color commentating but goldie was exposed imo last night :)

I guarantee you the casual fan was not entertained by Jake/Mayhem. My friends didn't even think Werdum/Silva was good.

Anyway I gave the show 9/10.

Helluva card for free TV.

I liked the Miller/Shields fight, but was disappointed that Shields couldn't do anything with his positional dominance. Gegard is heckuva fighter and the Werdum/Bigfoot fight was entertaining.

That said, there were what 20 minutes of commercials after the Miller fight and before the Fedor fight? I scheduled my DVR for the fight as scheduled and at 11pm they had just got both fighters in the cage and my recording stopped. So I had to find a shitty internet video to watch. Rogers was good, but Fedor is a beast. I'd like to see him against some real competition again.

That said, every good fighter that Strikeforce has with the exception Lawler and Nick Diaz were on this card. The UFC has 12 ppvs, UFNs, and UFF. It's an apple and oranges comparison. This Strikeforce card should be compared to a NYE/Superbowl UFC or UFC 100. And people are fucking deluding themselves if they think that Strikeforce will be putting cards like this on free TV with any regularity. If there's money to be made, they're going to do it the UFC way.

I enjoyed the fights and hope Strikeforce, unlike previous promotions, can find a way to present Fedor against solid competition 3-4 times a year.