Strikeforce Vacant Title Spots

Even though at this point it does not seem to matter. There are still three weight class titles that are vacant at this time. 

HW Title:  With Overeem out of Strikeforce the HW title is now vacant. Barnett suggested that the winner of him and Cormier should get the belt. In a way I agree with Barnett on this one. Coker says the winner will not get the belt. If that is the case then who is left to take on the winner of the Grand Prix for the title?

LHW Title: The Dan Henderson situation is still up in the air. No reports if Dan will remain in Strikeforce at this time. If Dan is to leave and go back to the UFC who is in line for the vacant title?  King Mo stated that he does not want to fight for a vacant title. So if Mo does not want it then who should the two title contenders be? Mousasi vs King Mo makes sense to me but King Mo said he is not interested. So if King Mo does not step in who should? 

WW Title: With Diaz gone to the UFC the title is vacant. Who should the 2  contenders be?

Actually, Coker said the belt issue is up in the air.  It may or may not be awarded to the GP winner.  Decision is not his, it's Zuffa's, and he said he has not heard a defintive answer yet. 

And what about WW?  Diaz vacated that title.

HW belt should definitely go to GP winner.

Who else out there would be a contender, the GP is a perfect tournament to award the vacant belt.

BKViper - Actually, Coker said the belt issue is up in the air.  It may or may not be awarded to the GP winner.  Decision is not his, it's Zuffa's, and he said he has not heard a defintive answer yet. 

And what about WW?  Diaz vacated that title.

This is true the WW title is now vacant as well. 3 weight classes vacant. Does having a Strikeforce belt even matter anymore?

Chimonos Revenge - HW belt should definitely go to GP winner.

Who else out there would be a contender, the GP is a perfect tournament to award the vacant belt.

I agree but Coker does not seem to keen to the idea. Not sure why but he has stated a bunch of times that is his stance the the subject.

I think they should just get rid of the titles all together and just start giving the number 1 guys in Strikeforce UFC contracts.

AllAmericanBoxing -  I think they should just get rid of the titles all together and just start giving the number 1 guys in Strikeforce UFC contracts.

So you think Rockhold should go to the UFC?

Isn't Tarec Saffiedine vs. Tyron Woodley for the vacant weleterweight title more or less confirmed?

They should just give the GP winner the actual heavyweight title. Not like Overeem is coming back and it gives the GP a little more value.

Henderson vs. Mo could actually be a good light heavyweight title fight. I think both guys are UFC bound though.

It's not like the Strikeforce titles matter though. They've had champions sit out for a year or more, they give title shots to guys coming off losses, and they don't even headline the shows with title fights.

After the hw GP and the last title defenses ufc will absorb strikeforce thats Why the sf hw belt is unecessary Phone Post

Matt Lucas should be considered for the LHW title spot. He's already the "KING OF THE CAGE" LHW Champion.

The LW title will also be vacant after it's next defense.

Whomever wins the HWGP is the Strikeforce HW champ -- belt or no belt.  

As for WW, Woodley vs ________ for the vacant strap.