stupid PPV setup question

I just got an extra cable box in my basement... if I order the PPV on one of the boxes, can I view it on the other one also?

I want to TiVo it, which is upstairs, and I want to watch in the basement because there is more seating.

thanks

No, I don't think so...

I think it depends on your provider...

Suck.

My provider is INDemand, on Time Warner Cable.

Move the Tivo box to the basement, problem solved.

True, but moving the tivo is a pain in the ass. I'll sooner just get it on the upstairs box and use a wireless video link to the basement.

It could be different with your provider, but normally it will only be available on the box you order it from. I have the same problem, and the TiVo is a definite pain in the ass to move (especially when you have the dual tuners hooked up), so I bought a standalone DVD burner for the TV without the TiVo.

If we go to my brother's house or somewhere else to watch it I bring the DVD burner with me and burn it straight to DVD there as well.

Johnny what brand DVD burner do you have? (I'm in the market for one)

Yes, you can have the UFC on the two cables boxes.
Call the cable company (repair department is better than customer service) and tell them that you want to have your PPV on both boxes. They will send the authorization signal to both boxes and no you won't have to pay twice. With digital boxes you can re-order it on the second box without to pay twice as long as it is ordered for the same PPV event within the same scheduled time. If customer service tell you that you have to pay twice it's bull, ask to talk to a supervisor.
Just if you are wondering I've been working in the cable industry for a few years. :)

KickU2.

They are both digital boxes... so is my best bet just to order like normal from both, and then complain if they try to double charge me?

Thanks!

"They are both digital boxes... so is my best bet just to order like normal from both, and then complain if they try to double charge me?"

Correct. Make sure that you order them for the same scheduled time. Complain if they double charge you. Easiest thing to do is to call them. Should take you under 5 minutes normally. Time Warner uses the same system as the company as I was working for, so it should work just the same. Good luck !

KickU2.

Yes I was wondering KickU2

For the guys using black boxes and who have Cox Cable in San Diego county I would suggest you to not use them. Just a friendly message. :)

KickU2.