Submissions in the street?

"Clit, something against strong minded Christians?"

I can't speak for Clitor, but they usually scare the shit out of me.

I have used chokes(arm triangle, rear naked) when I was pissed off at the dude. When I wasn't really upset over the matter I once used a keylock on a "tough guy". I cranked it in and told him if I so much as coughed he wouldn't be able to scratch his head for a year. It was an instant chill pill/virtual castration. The key is talking to him calmly and having him answer back in whimpers.

I'm going to hell.

peace

LOL! That's great! I'm sure every Steven Segal film he ever saw was running through his head!

I was put in a choke by a bouncer. My arm was by my head and he cranked it hard. I knew what was coming but he alost put me out. Threw me down the steps and laughed. I gained my composher, and some friends, and went back at the fucker. Broke his jaw with a right cross. That's what I call revenge.

Boxing does NOT work best for streetfights.

Muay Thai does. Every street tough boxes and some even have head movement and combinations. Very few can check a leg kick or see a knee coming in the clinch. A complete striker ala K-1 is the package for streetfights. BJJ is good for "worst case scenario" type situations, not first plan of attack.

Way back before the UFC days, I only knew one type of submission from my karate days, and I used it on a co- worker who was trying to bully me around. I put him on a standing armlock, he struggled for a while but as I put more pressure and he started to get embarrass from our girl co-workers, he started complementing me for it and tried to act cool about it. I let go and kinda laugh at him for trying to be nice to me afterwards.

"Boxing does NOT work best for streetfights."

Depends on the individual. Depends on the individual u're using it on. The average JOE can't defend against a combination/forward pressure striking much less an muy thai kick.

no shit, i've seen a guy i train with, kneebar, toehold a guy in a fight. it was pretty sweet.

My argument is that if you had a choice of just boxing or just Muay Thai I would suggest Muay Thai any day of the week and twice on Sunday. Simply put most people have seen very little Muay Thai form but plenty of thugs have watched boxing. Besides until you hit the pro level of boxing Muay Thai hand combo's are easily just as good.

Sandman has found the right stlye to KO the correct. Of corse, knowing some BJJ so you can be confortable when the fight hits the ground, as fights often do, is quite imprtant too IMO.

Swede-

I don't know how many fights you have been in but leg kicks set up the KO punch and can also set up the most lethal of all streetfight moves (IMHO) - the head punt. I have dropped drunk aggressors with a single leg kick.

Also the clinch is inevitable in most fights. I would say some 80% of the fights I have been in the opponent at least tried to clinch. I cannot think of a single occasion that my untrained opponent was looking for my knee in that clinch. The Muay Thai knee is probably the easiest way to absolutely destroy an untrained opponent on the feet.

Muay Thai is way more flexible then boxing. I would suggest to anyone - do the Muay Thai first then polish your hand combo's with exclusive boxing training later. Combo's with lower body kicks in them are very very hard for untrained fighters to deal with. Lets not even go to elbows and hip throws, two more tools that no common thug is ready for that you will never learn boxing.

This is by no means a street fight, but:

I was hockey fighting a coworker on an outdoor rink. BTW if you try and hockey fight after spending the last ten years watching MMA, it's pretty tough to stick to punching. I manuevered halfway behind him and thought about choking him. He said "I didn't know we were wrestling" and leaned over and grabbed my leg for a slam. Once on the ice I let the choke go and put him in my guard. I put him in an arm bar and then let him go, we kinda stopped fighting from there.

A couple observations:

-The guard works AWESOME on ice. Especially with coats on. He was throwing punches (not really trying to connect, all for show) but I felt very comfortable tying him up and controlling his hands. He was wide open for any kind of submission from the guard. The slippery surface is great for the guy from the bottom.

-Arm bars are tough with goalie pads on! Don't even bother with a triangle.

I put a crappy heel hook on a guy after I knocked him down, while I was still standing and cranked it, and the guys leg snapped so loud that I let go of it, kind of shocked me, funny thing was that all the other people fighting stopped and looked as well.

rear naked chokes... arm triangle..

Keith Sutton (keiths on the ug) has used his submission grappling training to bully and attack many people in actual streetfights, it is about time he posted on this thread.

Was at a work party a few years ago and a drunk guy was attacking another guy for no reason other than just to be annoying I guess (he doesn't punch very hard)

In my drunken state I thought that was out of order so I grabbed him and pinned him up against a wall. He was attacking anyone near and telling me to "fuck my mother"

I had a semblence of front choke on him as I was pinning him, but because I was drunk I didn't notice him go out until he started snoring.

When sparring, I used a Thai clench rather well and used knees to keep my buddy from shooting in on me. Got the idea from Silva vs. Patero. I was alos able to do a hip throw on him quite effectively.

peace