submissions inside the guard?

awesome vid, thank you. The pass they're trying to teach me is the stand up, punch knee through pass but it doesn't seem the most efficient as i get countered a lot or they switch to that voodoo x-guard shit.

i will try this one.

Try looking up and using the Machado pass, that is a good one for wrestlers as it involves leg control and sprawling.

I got collar choked while in having someone in my guard before...that sure sucked.

Guess it doesn't help you much if it's no gi you're doing.

"I got collar choked while in having someone in my guard before...that sure sucked. "

Armbar, IMO

Can Opener like anything can have some Success if done right. Not perfect, but what Submission is?

Just keep your Wedge with your Forearms and if your Elbows get pulled away from your Body abandon it or you are in Armbar Country.

Flying Dutchman is the one I get on even high level Players because it's such a Surprise. One of my favorites....

can opener after a lot of garlic gets me to tap every time. f@ck that shit. I hate the ground anyway :)

"Flying Dutchman"

What is that???

In a Nutshell: Control his Arms or Wrists when he has closed Guard, roll forward, swing your Feet up into the Air and cross your Ankles over his Insteps. Pull your Feet under you and push on his Knees or Hips for a Tap.

^hey, where did you learn that from? Jenna? ;)

Use the can opener to open the guard. Quickly pull away and pop a knee up in the middle. Then pass.

Or, if you're really having trouble, stand up and pass from open guard. The best thing you can do is put constant pressure, getting your partner on the defensive. Use that knee up in the middle to buzzsaw right through the middle.

Don't ever try to paintbrush someone when you're in their guard. You'll get armbarred/arm-triangle choked/your back taken.

THere is a wristlock I get on people inside there guard, called gooseneck.

trap their elbow in your elbow, use the other hand across the knuckles and force their pal towards ther own elbow.

Slie

"I got collar choked while in having someone in my guard before...that sure sucked. "

Armbar, IMO

Yeah that's what I should have done but I had just started and didn't really know what the hell was going on...instead of armbar I went for the awesome "try and pull him close to you cause you're not sure what he's doing" defense....not only did he submit me but he put me to sleep.

Double embarrassing.

i stopped by the gym a few hours ago and tried the erik paulson pass (the one in the link). A few attempts and it worked.

I got swept going for the arm at one point, but like i said, i'd rather be under the mount than in the guard at this point. Will continue to work on passing.

thanks for your suggestions