Sucky way for Chris to win

He beat Anderson twice in a row.

Case closed.

Perfect technique. That's all Phone Post 3.0

The part that people aren't catching is that Silva was clowing in the firts fight because he HAD to. Weidman wasn't overreaching and giving silva angles to counter off of, so Silva was clowning in an attemt to get him to reach.

He wasn't playing around, it wasn't a fluke. Weidman caused Silva to clown, and so the knockout was no different than any other.

Harold_Howard - You idiots will do anything to shit on Weidmans wins. Phone Post 3.0

Exactly.  

Chris could have picked up Silva over his head and thrown him over the fence into the 5th row, KO'ing him instantly.  The nuthuggers would have said Silva came in way too light and that is what enabled Weidman to win and it wasn't really a legitimate victory.

UGCTT_BlahBreh - chris beat anderson in a fight both times. there is no asterisk.
This. There is about 3 rounds of Octagon time between them, and Chris has dominated every round of it so far. Silva found his rhythm a little bit in round 2 of the first fight, but it was hardly a dominant round for Silva. Phone Post 3.0

Anyone with TRT wins deserve an asterisk Phone Post 3.0

Soup and Beer -
Harold_Howard - You idiots will do anything to shit on Weidmans wins. Phone Post 3.0

Exactly.  

Chris could have picked up Silva over his head and thrown him over the fence into the 5th row, KO'ing him instantly.  The nuthuggers would have said Silva came in way too light and that is what enabled Weidman to win and it wasn't really a legitimate victory.

Actually that would have been seriously impressive.

Except for the fact that it's illegal. Phone Post 3.0

kingkoopa - There will forever b an asterisk next to Chris's wins over Silva.

First Silva clowns too much then gets a freak accident.

Chris legitimately rocked him and was dominant on the ground. That being said so did Sonnen yet Silva came back and one.

Both fights were too short to see if Chris truly was superior. It's great for him that he's champ and that is most important when it comes to UFC but it's a shame that as fans we've been robbed (by no fault of anyone) of knowing who is better. Phone Post 3.0
Do we not count Andy's win over cote as it was due to injury ? Phone Post 3.0

But I think in this one Weidman had Silva hurt before he broke his leg. Only a fool will deny that Silva was losing that fight.

JamesTheWelshDR -

Chris legitimately rocked him and was dominant on the ground. That being said so did Sonnen yet Silva came back and one.

Both fights were too short to see if Chris truly was superior. It's great for him that he's champ and that is most important when it comes to UFC but it's a shame that as fans we've been robbed (by no fault of anyone) of knowing who is better. Phone Post 3.0
Do we not count Andy's win over cote as it was due to injury ? Phone Post 3.0
We count Chris's wins and Silvas win over Cote

I honestly always wanted to see a rematch between Cote and Silva. Cote was fighting smart and has a granite chin with decent stand up.

Imo we didn't get to see a real outcome in that fight either Phone Post 3.0

Eskoe1 - But I think in this one Weidman had Silva hurt before he broke his leg. Only a fool will deny that Silva was losing that fight.
Not denying Silva was losing up until that point. Just stating that the ending of the fight was out of the ordinary.

There's no denying that, that fight ended with a freak break. This type of thing doesn't normally happen. That's undeniable. I'm sure Chris himself is happy he won but disappointed that he didn't get to do it as decisively as he'd liked. I'd feel that way if I were in his shoes Phone Post 3.0

Slowshot - The part that people aren't catching is that Silva was clowing in the firts fight because he HAD to. Weidman wasn't overreaching and giving silva angles to counter off of, so Silva was clowning in an attemt to get him to reach.

He wasn't playing around, it wasn't a fluke. Weidman caused Silva to clown, and so the knockout was no different than any other.
Actually no he didn't have to.

He didn't clown against Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen or Vitor.

Why? Cuz he didn't underestimate them and knew they were dangerous and good enough to capitalize on it.

Chris proved that he was good enough to capitalize and win if Silva clowned, which is impressive to a certain degree. Silva doesn't clown when he knows his opponent is dangerous. He underestimated Chris the first time and lost. That's Silvas own fault.

For the record Im not a huge Silva fan. His clowning around really annoyed the crap outta me. I was glad he lost while fooling around. Phone Post 3.0

MoneyBags - He beat Anderson twice in a row.

Case closed.
Yeah and neither was under normal circumstances Phone Post 3.0

UGCTT_WarHunt - actually i don't,

at the time people were really on silva's nuts, but Cote, at that point, had been doing better than expected. Got screwed in that fight and never made it back to try again
Yup Phone Post 3.0

MdGeist -
plasticonoband - 

I agree. Phone Post 3.0

It was pretty obvious in both fights that Weidman was superior...

He rocked Anderson in the 1st round in both fights: 1st fight was in guard after the takedown and the 2nd fight was in the clinch which dropped Anderson, both shots directly or indirectly led to the eventual ref. stoppage.

No asterisk is necessary if Weidman won every round he ever fought with Anderson.
I see what your saying but Silva has been known to lose a round or 2 against a wrestler and then win.

Both sonnen fights it happened and hendo fight it happened Phone Post 3.0